Jack's Guitar Pick

Skyrider

Jul 5, 2017
Virgo Supercluster
Parrots
Jack - African Grey or is he a Red-tailed hawk
Jack's Rare Guitars

Jack very nicely suggested I try a new guitar pick today. He didn't just come right out and say "don't quit your day job" he just handed me a fresh plectrum and whistled (missile drop). I've never used that approach on a lousy guitar player. I'll have to admit it was quite effective. Ok, I get it, maybe I need a few lessons.

What a wise cracker
JackAzz

I shouldn't let him watch Norm's Rare Guitars on YouTube. He thinks he's an expert now.

Captain Jack and I seem to be sailing on an even keel now. I don't feel like I'm going to poison him somehow and he doesn't flinch or swell up when I open the gate to his palace. Dare I say we maybe starting to trust one another. He's eating well and talking more. He's beginning to show signs of more controlled flight which suggests he is regaining his flight muscles. I doubt, if you ask him, he would be as positive about my guitar playing progress.

Maybe some day your name will be in lights saying Johnny B Goode tonight

Arrivederci

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 146

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks for the giggles, Skyrider, hilarious post! I am sorry your new buddy is turning out to be such a music critic, the rest of our flock loves live music, ask Harry, she'll tell you.

I think you and Jack are an effective team already, can't wait to see where your adventure will lead.

Boy is that guy photogenic or is it the photographer? I'm a little jealous to be honest. Jack is very handsome (he's also completely taking over your place, you know that, right?).

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
This is great! The greys have it for musical talent! The amazons may sing but greys supply the music!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Another David Gilmour ( Pink Floyd) on the horizon perhaps? Comfortably Grey?

Jim

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Jack sounds like quite the character and he's not afraid to express his opinion! You seem to have got yourself quite the companion. If I remember correctly, you were quite nervous about owning a parrot. It seems you are now discovering that one doesn't "own" a parrot, rather said parrot owns them and once you've got that straight, they will begin to let you know what they do and don't like and areas of your life they feel you need improvement:D Looking forward to more Jack updates!

Last edited:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Thanks for the laughs again. Think you and Jack were destined to be paired.

Yes definitely and unusual approach to your guitar playing LOL.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Of course Jack would pick a red plectrum to match his tail. What he really wants you to use is.....

stunning_african_grey_parrot_pearl_celluloid_guitar_pick-r854dc83f3a0046d097507e85056e9b6c_zxsol_324.jpg

OP
Skyrider

Skyrider

Jul 5, 2017
Virgo Supercluster
Parrots
That's just plain ole awesome right there!
I had no idea picks made such a great canvas.
I've been finger picking while I'm learning and I just now started using a pick. I guess Jack noticed the different sound. He kept shaking his head squeaking. Now that I'm getting the technique down a little better he comes out on his balcony perches and listens. At least he quit flinging fruit bits at me. I gotta find a pick like that now.....that's just way to cool.
Thank you

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
That's just plain ole awesome right there!
I had no idea picks made such a great canvas.
I've been finger picking while I'm learning and I just now started using a pick. I guess Jack noticed the different sound. He kept shaking his head squeaking. Now that I'm getting the technique down a little better he comes out on his balcony perches and listens. At least he quit flinging fruit bits at me. I gotta find a pick like that now.....that's just way to cool.
Thank you

Probably wanted an encore :rolleyes:

Here go one better https://www.ownguitarpicks.co.uk/

OP
Skyrider

Skyrider

Jul 5, 2017
Virgo Supercluster
Parrots
Who knew?
Let a parrot move in on ya and a whole new world opens up right before your eyes.
A little tiny world of guitar picks.
I feel like Chris Columbus here!
Now we can create custom picks...how cool is that.
Thank you

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose, and who knows what pick your friend will pick?

Most Reactions

Latest posts