Jeff is gone

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
There’s a phone app I have called Merlin Bird ID from Cornell university. So I think it was free. You download the “bird pack” for the area where you live. It has lots of recordings of budgies that you can play on the speakerphone. But you can find these recordings all over the internet. Maybe you can play one that sounds like Jeff’s call on your balcony? It could take him a while to triangulate and get closer. But if there is any budgie that can hear it they might try to come check it out.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
It had been 115 days since Jeff flew away. It feels like yesterday. I can't believe it. I refuse to believe it. He's still missing. I don't know what more to do. Gosh, do I miss him. It doesn't get easier.

I miss my little goofball. He had such a bright personality.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
It had been 115 days since Jeff flew away. It feels like yesterday. I can't believe it. I refuse to believe it. He's still missing. I don't know what more to do. Gosh, do I miss him. It doesn't get easier.

I miss my little goofball. He had such a bright personality.
I’m so sorry Anè :(
*sends hug*

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Parrots
The physical bird himself isn’t with you, and this will always be a sadness. But for you to feel sad, it means that you remember him, and this will always be a joy. In enough time, the sadness will abate and mellow, but the joy and love can grow and bring many good changes to the world. Your memories of him will stay with you, and this wiser, more compassionate you will keep making ripples that may someday touch other people and birds and who knows? We will never know all the lives we touch, but I think you are a person who will touch them with kindness and insight born of grief. It will be worth it.

Birb321

Sep 14, 2022
BC, Canada
Parrots
I might rescue a conure or another small parrot
you can check out https://www.911parrotalert.com/ and you can report a lost parrot on the site, and it tells you about losing a parrot and what to do. Also depending on where you live you can call the police an report a lost parrot.
I hope you can find jeff:cry:😞🙏

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
you can check out https://www.911parrotalert.com/ and you can report a lost parrot on the site, and it tells you about losing a parrot and what to do. Also depending on where you live you can call the police an report a lost parrot.
I hope you can find jeff:cry:😞🙏
Thanks for the advice. I have posted on many sites.

Unfortunately I can't call the cops. In my city, they don't always do much about crimes, let alone a bird :(

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Well damn, life has been so crazy
Anywho. Been a year since Jeff boi decided to dissapear. Guess he was just tired of his boring life lmao. Or though, *gasp*, I'm freeee

Jokes aside, it's been over a year and I cant believe it. Honestly. I still miss him. I still have endless questions. But I cant hold on to it forever. Life happens. And it is what it is. Can I change it? Sadly no...
I just have to accept that despite that it really sucks, I have to accept the situation and stop denying it

So yeah! Jeff is still gone and I have no idea if he is still out there

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Well damn, life has been so crazy
Anywho. Been a year since Jeff boi decided to dissapear. Guess he was just tired of his boring life lmao. Or though, *gasp*, I'm freeee

Jokes aside, it's been over a year and I cant believe it. Honestly. I still miss him. I still have endless questions. But I cant hold on to it forever. Life happens. And it is what it is. Can I change it? Sadly no...
I just have to accept that despite that it really sucks, I have to accept the situation and stop denying it

So yeah! Jeff is still gone and I have no idea if he is still out there
I'm so sorry Anè :(

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Parrots
I think sometimes it is harder not knowing. If you knew Jeff was gone, you could process it and move forward. Not knowing, wondering if he might come back, keeps the door open so it’s harder to let go. But maybe you have to let him go into the mystery. He may still be in the world, he may not be, he may be very happy wherever he is and not be the same Jeff any more. He might find a way back to you some day, but for now he is gone from your life.

Maybe when he pops up in your memory, say hello and send some love and good wishes his way, wherever that may be. Explain to the painful memories that they aren’t helping, and ask the pain what it needs to move on. Thank it for any lessons it brought you, and ask it to give you some space and some peace. You deserve peace.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I’ve just read this thread, I’m so very sorry to read about your loss. I know what this feels like and the pain is real. Hoping you find comfort and peace.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen