May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I posted on multiple bird forums, but to be honest it feels wrong. It feels like attention seeking. I am going to leave it to PF and the two other forums I posted on.
It's not attention seeking, you just want to find your baby πŸ«‚

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hugs to you, Pipp! You are definitely NOT attention seeking with this, the more eyes out there looking for Jeff the better! I understand this heartbreak and anxiety only too well, having had 3 get away on me over the years, but thankfully (somehow!) I've always been able to get them back the same day. Praying for the same good result for you Pipp!

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hugs to you, Pipp! You are definitely NOT attention seeking with this, the more eyes out there looking for Jeff the better! I understand this heartbreak and anxiety only too well, having had 3 get away on me over the years, but thankfully (somehow!) I've always been able to get them back the same day. Praying for the same good result for you Pipp!
I'm not sharing any contact detail on the forums, so it feels kinda useless asking, "Can I get advice in how to find my bird?"

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I'm not sharing any contact detail on the forums, so it feels kinda useless asking, "Can I get advice in how to find my bird?"
Why? The important thing is that you're getting advice, and no one needs to know your personal contact info to do that.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Honestly I don't know that you'd necessarily need to share contact details here anyway, Pipp. I'd suggest there's a good chance Jeff might get picked up by somebody very close to you - he might even go and land on someone's shoulder, escaped birds often do that as they find a human a bit more familiar than being outside in the big wide world. If it was me I'd be making my local neighbourhood aware as a first priority, they're the ones most likely to be able to help you the best.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Honestly I don't know that you'd necessarily need to share contact details here anyway, Pipp. I'd suggest there's a good chance Jeff might get picked up by somebody very close to you - he might even go and land on someone's shoulder, escaped birds often do that as they find a human a bit more familiar than being outside in the big wide world. If it was me I'd be making my local neighbourhood aware as a first priority, they're the ones most likely to be able to help you the best.
We let the people in our neighborhood know plus friends and family.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
He's not there.. I checked...
I'm so sorry... but don't give up hope! What's the weather like there? Budgies are pretty hardy (Stormy survived a strong storm, ironically), but it would be good to know the weather for the upcoming days.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
All because I didn't replace their water thod morning.. if I did, I wouldn't have opened the cage door, and accidentally leave it open somehow in a way that the toy at the door keeps it open.

Griffen is chirping for his friend I think:cry:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
There is a very good chance he is still close by, I hope that was him!

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen