Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Nothing hilarious, but a little bit funny when you see how ridiculous it is...

I'm sure everyone has seen these little parakeet food cups before right? Got some new ones for the new budgie flight set up.... At the store there were two sizes. This below is the smallest size, measuring about 2 1/2 inches at the widest point.

Then the package says for small and MEDIUM birds. Geez, I wonder what Medium is? :52: It's too small for a lovebird that's for sure :18:

Actually, the part that is funnier is the next size larger (same budgie style cups) measuring a whopping 3 1/2 inches across, says its for MEDIUM TO LARGE BIRDS :18::18:!!

Large birds LOL. Maybe for a foot toy! :eek:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Maybe they are for chunky zons on a diet:54:

Can't wait to see your new setup!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

A starvation diet for large birds :18:!

What?! Mr. Kiwi can't be in need of a diet?! :11:

I can't wait to have Twigs and Mink meet and take pics!! I hope Twigs won't beat up on Mink. My vet said be careful, adults can pick on babies. Twigs is so threatening even to Raven, and Mink seems so sweet.

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'

A starvation diet for large birds :18:!

What?! Mr. Kiwi can't be in need of a diet?! :11:

I can't wait to have Twigs and Mink meet and take pics!! I hope Twigs won't beat up on Mink. My vet said be careful, adults can pick on babies. Twigs is so threatening even to Raven, and Mink seems so sweet.

Kiwi is too active to need a diet. He eats like a pig and is still quite trim:52: But there are definitely some zons out there who may benefit from reduced portion sizes:54:

I bet if anything, Twigs will just be extremely excited to meet Mink and may be a bit "overbearing" out of his excitement about his new friend:D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
HaHaHa! I have several of those small ones that I use for my finches when they are in the hospital cage. Medium birds? Like a large Zebra finch?
And the next size is what I use for my parrotlets! Of course, PeeWee and Sproutlet would be the first to tell you that they ARE large birds;)

Most Reactions