willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Hi, my name is Bruce and I live in South Florida with Willis T. my 15 year old CAG, Charlie my 14 year old Yellow Collar Macaw, Auggie my 4 year old Greenwing Macaw and my 2 German Shorthair Pointers, Mike and Britta.

Auggie my 4 year old Greenwing Macaw

Really?! Where did that name come from? Specifically that spelling?

I suppose you may have came to it the same way I did, but I have often thought it retrospect that it was very odd but I've kept it as that is his name.

My Auggie is short for Augustine - but why "ie" instead of "y" and from whence the extra "g" I don't know. But it's also from the world record holding dog for holding the most tennis balls in his mouth, but that also was only one "g".

Funny thing about your username, I have that username on 2 other bird forums. When I joined last night I was just too lazy to type out Auggie's Dad. My friend who helped me pick a name for Auggie was naming all the Roman emperors when he said Augustus. Bingo! I said that's it, Auggie! But not from Augustus but from August, my birth month and from August Bush the founder of Budwiser. Sometimes for fun I call him Augustino. No reason for how I spell it that's just the I spell it, but i am a very poor speller.:red1:

Anyhow, welcome. The forums have been slow for the past couple of days. I suspect many are out enjoying their labor day weekend.

Vacations are for the birds. In my case quite literally - I'm staying at home with Auggie.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back