Keikos new playstand

no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!! do NOT send her instructions! :eek:

Make her figure it out on her own! :54::p:D

The playstand looks great. I can't believe there is another B&G named Keiko. I never knew how it was spelled and my boy came to me with the name when he was 20 but I spell it Kayko

Last edited:
If you want me to wendy I can "build" one for you and just mail you the pieces so you can put it together when it gets there...just pay for the parts and shipping or I can just send you instructions on how to build one yourself...I just made this one up as I went... or if I find one I like at the bird show in april i'll give you this one for the $40 i paid for it

Oh please disregard Wharf.... :54:

Yes, I'd LOVE the instructions. I will DEFINITELY build one of those for my backyard. :D

You are SO sweet for offering it to me for $40!!! I do love tinkering and building things, so instructions would be awesome.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! :D

so wendy...I just spent 20 minutes typing up instructions for you in a message when I tried to send it it said I wasn't logged in and deleted the whole thing...so i'll just message you my number and you can call and i'll tell you how to make one...

speak redneck :eek: probably won't understand a word :D :54:

Wow that play stand is pretty neat
000203FC.gif

Folks,

The BEST thing to remove the "slippery" surface off of PVC pipe and fittings is to use a "drill rasp bit". It will texturize the PVC with a finish just like a branch would have. It's real easy to do. Just place the rasp bit into a drill, corded or cordless, and just work the drill back and forth on your PVC perch or play set piece. After you get the "grooves" into the PVC I take a piece of 220 sand paper in go back and forth 3-4 times to remove any "burrs" that may be still on it. Then, I wash it THOROUGHLY making sure I get any sand/grit off the PVC piece. I have done this for years and have NEVER had any sore feet on any of my birds.

Drill Rasp Bits can be bought at any home improvement center. They also come in different degrees of "aggressiveness" to the texture or pattern of teeth on them. Here is a link to what one typically looks like: Vermont American 16684 Cone Rotary Rasp 5/8" x 1-3/8" at PlumberSurplus.com

What's nice about this process over the "warp" stuff is, it's PERMANENT! You never have to do another thing to it.

Feel free to email me or PM is you have any questions.

where do you get vet wrap?[/QUOTE]

You can also find it at any wal-Mart, target, or pharmacy. It's in the bandage section. It is also known as coban. It's just a non-adhesive bandage. It even comes in different colors etc. The big chain stores might have it in the pet section also, but is definately in the human bandage section.

Yeah, just make sure to not use anything with adhesives, learned my lesson with Bella, we had to cut her out.... Just warning, wouldn't want anything happening to Keiko!!! :)

Oh, and your stand looks ah-mazing!! I want to try one but I think I would come back from the hardware store with $100 worth of supplies and end up with a hot mess!! LoL

speak redneck :eek: probably won't understand a word :D :54:
well then...I guess it's a good thing i'm a mix...dad is from baltimore, mom is from south carolina and my husband is from south dakota...i think i might be able to get the message across...LOL:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back