Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present....

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Love that bathing cube!! May have to get one for my "dirty birds" who dislike water! Always a struggle to use spray bottle or kitchen sink with a few of the flock.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanks Aunty Laura, she is stinkin' cute, except when she's a bitey little minx and biting me on the butt like she is this morning!

Uncle Scott, if you can find a cockatoo sized bathing cube out there you HAVE to buy it and get video of your flock partaking, that would be AWESOME!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
tadah bites too lol, i manage to avoid most. We are at 3 months no bites, and about 1/2 hour from last bite attempted ;)

I live vicariously through your vids and pic abd stories, she is fascinating and so darn precious, and speedy !

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
For anyone wondering what the Crown Princess has been up to lately........

Your usual lorikeet insanity, interspersed with some hormonal madness, a BIG moult and lots of new pin feathers that need skritchin'. Good thing she has a servant on hand who is duty-bound to oblige......... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwww, sweet baby girl! My favorite little niece. :) Love the look she gives you when you pause. "Hey, servant, we're not done yet!"

At the very end, was that a "that's enough now" nip to your hand, or a demand for more?

I hear Fang in the background, no doubt jealous, and awaiting his turn?

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Your favourite niece is a toad, Uncle Fred, A TOAD!!! And all those voices in the background are Val the budgie. He has got so good at imitating Fang that he now does the same "kissy" noises and also does a very good impression of Fang whistling his show tunes. That's Val imitating Lilly's "squawk" sound in this video too. Half the time I don't know who is saying what unless I'm looking straight at 'em!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Sooooo, I take it that was a bite there at the end. Bummer, she was enjoying the service so much too.

Val, you talented little dude, you! That was 'tiel chirping, spot on!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh yeah that was a bite. The Crown Princess is always on the lookout for a tiny nook or cranny to go burrowing and nesting in and has no problem showing her displeasure when thwarted, the bloody little minx!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Yeah, but you know you can't be mad at that cute little face! That portrait of innocence... Tee hee!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Aaaah yes, the cuteness factor, the only thing that tamps down an insurrection of the servant!!!

Oh you know it, Uncle Steven! HRH The Crown Princess knows very well how to keep her servant(s) in line with the merest gesture from that iron claw in the iron glove!

Wow she is stunning and tiny. 5" and 44 grams is smaller than Moxie's beak.

The Crown Princess is tiny but totally fearless! I sometimes wonder how she might behave if she was confronted by a bird as big as Moxie but I certainly would not like to put it to the test. I think she would just fuzz up and muscle up and get herself into all sorts of trouble!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Oh mom, you had to stop at 2min 32sec? :D Love the wing/leg stretch at the end. Just warming up for another scritch session!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Warming up for another bite session more like, Uncle Scott! Just when I thought I could relax she's back to being bitey and cranky, thankfully not as bad as last winter but all it takes is a few days worth of rain for those nesty instincts to kick in again. The struggle is real!

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I assume HRH is immune to the charms of bite pressure training? :eek:

Yeah, sticks those cute little claws in her ears and goes "La la la la la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........!!!!!" :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

I assume HRH is immune to the charms of bite pressure training? :eek:

Yeah, sticks those cute little claws in her ears and goes "La la la la la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........!!!!!" :D

Ah, the avian equivalent of selective hearing!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
She gets it from her father :rolleyes:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
For anyone wondering what the Crown Princess has been up to lately........

https://youtu.be/QKZd3UD3e0I

Your usual lorikeet insanity, interspersed with some hormonal madness, a BIG moult and lots of new pin feathers that need skritchin'. Good thing she has a servant on hand who is duty-bound to oblige......... :rolleyes:
Despite I visit the forum 1-2 times per month I still remember about my dear niece Princess Lilly Pilly! She's so cute :heart::heart::heart:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
The Crown Princess says to say "Thanx Aunty Rozalka! Where have you been?? We missed you!!:smile015:"

Most Reactions

Latest posts