Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present....

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well Uncle Scott what she’s actually doing is rushing off to call her lawyers and instruct them to commence legal proceedings to sue her dad for taking unauthorised video footage and me for releasing said footage on the Wild Wild Web!

Her first words to me the next morning were “You better get a lawyer mom, you better get a reeeeeeal good one!”

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

CROWN PRINCESS LILLY PILLY SAYS ...

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21330-img-0203-2.jpg

HAPPY QUEENSLAND DAY!!
To All Fellow And Honorary QUEEEEEEEEENSLANDERSZSSZSSZZS In The PF Queendom!

yZYpTCN.jpg

With Love From the Undisputed Queen of the Bitey Little Minxes Herself!

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Zenek says Happy Queensland to his cousin Lilly!

I don't know why I noticed this so late - is she a princess because she is purple crowned lorikeet?:D

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well, a fitting day to celebrate the Queen of All She Surveys. Happy Queensland day, my Queen!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I don't know why I noticed this so late - is she a princess because she is purple crowned lorikeet?:D

Why yes indeed She is, Aunty Rozalka. And Her Royal Haughtiness thanks you for noticing :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I'm sure the very dignified HRH Red Kevin earns the respect of all around him, which is the proper way. HRH Lilly Pilly on the other hand just demands it and won't take no for an answer!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Following her brush will ill-health about 2 weeks ago I am pleased to announce that HRH is fully back to her usual screamy, flappy, squawky, b**chy self, though I don't want to jinx either her or me so I will say no more about that! But I have her doctor on speed-dial if required.

This is what Lilly has been doing during lockdown, which doesn't really differ to any other day now that I'm home full time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZOC1eRLMZw

In my next life I want to come back as her!

I'd missed this one before, but that is the good life! Royal treatment for real!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Happy Hatchday Lilly Pilly!!

htsWyIX.jpg

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21556-img-0211a.jpg

You are the best of birds,

You are the worst of birds,

But you are always our Precious Little Princess :smile015:

With all our love from your Mum and Dad

(Maybe not so much from Fang and Val!!)

animated-bird-image-0505.gif

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Haha! Today when I was tearing out pages in my calendar I was thinking "Hmmm 1st July? Somebody had some kind of holiday today but who and what holiday?":D You reminded me about Lilly's hatchday! (and Zenek's gotchaday :D)

Happy hatchday Princess Lilly!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OMG ROZALKA!! Princess Lilly DEMANDS you MUST put up a page for Zenek's Gotcha Day, IMMEDIATELY!! :D

MrLaurieKeats

Jan 4, 2019
Media
Albums
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Fang the cockatiel, Valentino the budgie (aka Fang’s wingman)
There has been tears. There has been blood. There has been anger.
Despite this, Her Royal Highness Lilly Pilly has decided to let me live.
As her subject I wish her all the best on her birthday.

As her subject I also wish for the beatings to stop!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Jolly and Maya have brought to my attention that wishing Her Royal Highness a happy hatchday in the same post as I wished it for her mom was woefully inadequate, given her royal status. So, I rushed here in an attempt to avoid her legendary wrath!

Happy Hatchday, HRH Princess Lilly Lilly! I hope this tiara is an acceptable offering and to your liking!
670-1-14.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you Uncle Stephen, you are SOOOOOOOOOOO lucky Lilly is endlessly distracted by her hormones right now, your late tribute slipped under her radar!

I've unearthed a baby video of hers from when she would have only been about 6 months old, you know, before the egg-laying craziness started.

Oh how I miss those days of fuzzy innocence!

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Time for an update!

Things have been a little quiet on the Lilly front lately. We have been working very hard indeed so as not to give HRH the slightest opportunity to go laying any eggs this year and I DESPERATELY don't want to say ANYTHING to jinx that (nothing to report, not saying anything else!!!)

Meanwhile a week or two ago HRH had a new "bathing cube" installed which more befits her Royal tastes. She's still getting accustomed to it and hasn't yet thrown herself bodily into it, she gets one leg in there in the following video. Once she works out that she can now get her entire body in the bath, rather than just bits like with her water bowl, I think she will LOSE HER MIND!!!

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I've just understood I really want a lorikeet in the far future... but more and more often I think "I shouldn't have any parrots" because I'm not able to care them fully correctly... watching this video made me almost crying:( I know it's strange, I can't understand myself...

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh Aunty Roz, don't be sad! I think we all sometimes feel like we don't do enough for our little ones, when you love them as much as we do it's easy to think we should be doing more for them. But I know how much you love your babies and you take extraordinarily good care of all of them!

Lorikeets can be very hard work though. Lilly is mean to poor Fang and Val, and just in the last few days she's been on the hunt for nesting spots and biting the living daylights out of me again. Some lorikeets are seriously BAD little birds, so this way you get to enjoy her cute videos and I will take all her bad tempers and biting so that you don't have to :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Rozalka,
Lamanuka is correct we all feel that waY from time to time. At least I do!!
And Lilly Pilly is stinking cute

Most Reactions

Latest posts