Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present....

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Lilly is persistent indeed! I'm hoping she gets the memo about December being the cutoff for breeding season and gives her mom a little break from egg duty.

Lol! And I'm not surprised her dad didn't get any work done. How do you ignore a sweet little charmer like her?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Well folks after 28 days of sitting on her dummy egg (a chunk of white quartz which is roughly egg shaped!) I have finally had to remove it since Lilly was becoming quite obsessive over it! This is the only drawback of using dummy eggs - unlike a real egg which she would have broken by now and lost interest of her own accord, she was never going to either break it or hatch it no matter how hard she sat on it, and believe me she was VERY determined to hatch it! And here's a picture...

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture22107-eggsitting.jpg

So as of yesterday the egg has been removed and she is pretty much back to her old self, although within a few hours she was back to looking for new hidey holes to use as potential nesting sites for the next clutch! I've been reading to her from that textbook that says "purple-crowned lorikeets breeding season commences in July and ends in December." IT'S DECEMBER NOW BIRD, CEASE AND DESIST ALREADY!!

Here she is yesterday "helping" her dadda with his homework...

https://youtu.be/qLPT-Rt7pp8

... he didn't get much done :)

I hope she listens about her breeding season! Come on Lilly, please listen to your Mama.

I couldn't love this video any more than I do, that was precious.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you Uncle Stephen and Aunty Terry, from your lips to Lilly’s ears (hopefully!)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My lovely little Lilly Pilly has thankfully quite recovered from her egg-induced delirium and is now back to her normal self - well whatever passes for "normal" with her. During her trip to the doctor's her Uncle Adrian mentioned that she might very well (finally!) grow some new plumage and, right on cue, she has started to drop a lot of her raggedy-looking old feathers. She now has a LOT of teeny tiny little pin feathers coming through, hence why she is enjoying this skritch so much and is making appreciative little "peep" noises.

Her Royal Highness's daily schedule is jam packed with skritches, playing with her mum (servant), terrorising Fang and Val (sorry guys!), lots of bathing, squawking and flapping with little siestas in between.

Love you girlie :smile015:

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hello Lilly Lovers everywhere!

As you may know, my little Lilly Pilly just LOVES to help her mum and dad with little things around the house. I've gone on a bit of a diet following way too much "Christmas cheer" over the silly season, not to mention being all peri-menopausal (aaah the joys of!) Lilly, being the ever charitable type, has taken it upon herself to eat some of my food for me, thus ensuring I don't take on any unnecessary calories.

For when too much Lilly is barely enough!

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
This is what my life has become now Uncle Scott, full time bird mum and carrot sticks. And you know what? I wouldn’t have it any other way :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
TZzGdLX.jpg

Sung by the Rickeybird, to the tune of Miley Cyrus' WRECKING BALL.
"I came in like a carrot stick!
We gonna make our love beeegin!
I got just what yer beakie neeeeds!
You can be my little Philly hen!"​

Oh, Rickeybird!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OMG Aunty Gail you keep that velociraptorous creature of yours and his naughty carrot away from my innocent little Principessa!!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Just when I think I can no longer be shocked.............................
I am shocked --- shocked --- to find out that there are carrot sticks here.

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
:eek:The scales have dropped from my eyes, thank you Rival, I shall end my obsession with the unholy carrot forthwith!

Is there anything wrong with celery??

Last edited:

MrLaurieKeats

Jan 4, 2019
Media
Albums
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Fang the cockatiel, Valentino the budgie (aka Fang’s wingman)
Outrage. OUTRAGE!
My little Lily is too pure to be party to such adult conversations.
Who is responsible for such rudeness.
If you have corrupted her, there will be the Devil to pay.
O U T R A G E!!!!!

Oh, hope you are well and enjoying your weekend. We are getting rain here. Yay!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Outrage. OUTRAGE!
My little Lily is too pure to be party to such adult conversations.
Who is responsible for such rudeness.
If you have corrupted her, there will be the Devil to pay.
O U T R A G E!!!!!

Oh, hope you are well and enjoying your weekend. We are getting rain here. Yay!

Thank goodness for spouses who are righteously offended on behalf of their darlings AND grateful for rain.

I shall notify the OHH forthwith... we may have a Righteous Rooster on hand!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you Gail, I know MrKeats will be thrilled to the back teeth to have received such an honour. There's not many Human Roosters who are so dedicated that they would drive around the neighbourhood looking for delicious eucalyptus flowers for their baby birdies but he is one such Rooster! And I am one very lucky, if somewhat Oddball, Hen!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well after a long hot dry summer so far we are finally hearing the blessed sound of rain on the roof both here in BrizVegas and many other parts of the country. Some parts of the nation are still afflicted by fire and drought but there’s a healthy looking monsoon system up north which usually feeds wet weather through to the south so it’s hoped that *eventually* our southern counterparts will get some relief soon.

Meanwhile, as predicted by our legendary bird vet, a week of rain is resulting in HRH getting unseasonably hormonal (sigh!), and while she is not yet as bitey and combative as she can get at her worst, the signs are definitely there! I have done everything I possibly can to put her off the idea but one look at that pouffy undercarriage of hers tells me trouble is brewing! She is on less energy dense food, has zero access to any nesty spots, only gets skritches on the head and neck, you name it we’ve done it, yet her undercarriage is giving me nightmares. I’ve started a whisper campaign with her dad about getting her a bigger cage coz I’ve got a feeling the only thing I can do if she gets really bad is lock her up for a few hours every day to keep her from interacting with ANYTHING she may find provocative. The biggest factor appears to be her bond with me since I spend so much time at home now, our bond is the one common denominator!

If anyone has any other ideas I can try please let me know, I am all ears! The only other thing I can think of to do is move out of home myself:rolleyes:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Indeed she is, but she’s a bloody little toad when she wants to be and she WILL be the death of me I swear!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts