Laura's Flock Thread

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I had to play that Michael Jackson song! Somebody is always watching me!
My one pup Alfie always must gaurd me while in shower.

Last night with all the fireworks, every dog had to join me , nothing like 4 dogs watching you sit on a toilet.
Your birds aren't afraid of fireworks? both of mine scream if they hear them. I am thinking they don't like anything louder then themselves :ROFLMAO: Nico is afraid of thunderstorms, and will completely become anxious if the weather is bad. He also hates bugs! I've never seen something freak out so much over a spider on their cage. I didn't realize birds hate bugs that much.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
By the way Kiwi my Jenday conureā€¦ Everyone always asks me if itā€™s the female sun conure because sheā€™s not as beautiful as the male sun conure implying sheā€™s ugly. Iā€™ve came to the determination that the average person doesnā€™t know anything about birds, and they canā€™t help their incompetent comments!
9DCBC497-7791-49DA-BEF8-D5FD81E7D81E.jpeg

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
By the way Kiwi my Jenday conureā€¦ Everyone always asks me if itā€™s the female sun conure because sheā€™s not as beautiful as the male sun conure implying sheā€™s ugly. Iā€™ve came to the determination that the average person doesnā€™t know anything about birds, and they canā€™t help their incompetent comments!
View attachment 41729
Look at her gorgeous coy self! She is gloriously beautiful šŸ˜ I love the bright green contrast against her orange, peach, yellow explosion. A sunset against a lush forest.

Nope my burds could care less about fireworks, thunderstorms ect. I think having my controversial sleep tents plays a big role. They feel safe, can poke a head out to spy.

A bug...yeah they freak....

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you @cloudyhelium
I received your beautiful art of my 3 quaker girls today! ( just checked my mail)
This will be treasured always! It will always hang in my home. You are so talented !!

This forum is full of artists šŸŽØ!! I've been blessed by each and everyone who has shared ! I've shared paintings I've done with 2 members. But I'm not nearly so talented or prolific. My muse is very fickle, im lucky if I can create anything once or twice a year.

This is turning into Laura's Flock and Art thread! I love that! My avatar and signature are created by more of our talented forum artists.

Cloudyhelium, I will mount your art better but I wanted it on the wall tonight so I can adore it. Thank you!
20220705_221450.jpg

cloudyhelium

Jun 15, 2022
Parrots
Red-lored amazon hybrid
Thank you @cloudyhelium
I received your beautiful art of my 3 quaker girls today! ( just checked my mail)
This will be treasured always! It will always hang in my home. You are so talented !!

This forum is full of artists šŸŽØ!! I've been blessed by each and everyone who has shared! I've shared paintings I've done with 2 members. But I'm not nearly so talented or prolific. My muse is very fickle, im lucky if I can create anything once or twice a year.

This is turning into Laura's Flock and Art thread! I love that! My avatar and signature are created by more of our talented forum artists.

Cloudyhelium, I will mount your art better but I wanted it on the wall tonight so I can adore it. Thank you!
View attachment 41800
I'm so happy you liked it :') it's the first time I see my work hung on a wall!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Sweet Cloudy enjoying some veggies
View attachment 41905
Just look at your photogenic little guy with his 5 star lifestyle, Laura! No better catering to be found at any birdie restaurant in the world than at your place, I'm sure of it!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
All projects require parrot supervision .

No sooner than I open my sewing box , then Penny had to come investigate. Accomplished an awesome landing! She's come such a long way, from her clumsy learning to fly crash landings, to precision touch downs!!!
20220718_163832.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
All projects require parrot supervision .

No sooner than I open my sewing box , then Penny had to come investigate. Accomplished an awesome landing! She's come such a long way, from her clumsy learning to fly crash landings, to precision touch downs!!!
View attachment 42211
10 out of 10 for the landing, Penny! But Laura I do hope you're able to get your sewing project done - I used to be an avid needleworker before little Lilly showed up. She wouldn't let me get a stitch done without getting in the way and doing everything she could to try and get herself poked by that needle, so I had to give it away. I must get back into that sometime ... :)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
10 out of 10 for the landing, Penny! But Laura I do hope you're able to get your sewing project done - I used to be an avid needleworker before little Lilly showed up. She wouldn't let me get a stitch done without getting in the way and doing everything she could to try and get herself poked by that needle, so I had to give it away. I must get back into that sometime ... :)
My last project a baby quilt for my best friend. Well Neptune helped :) he pulled many stitches through for me. This us my first project since loosing him.

Super proud of Pennys landing on the narrow lid edge! Plus you know Penny used have big fear of all new things. She hadn't seen this sewing box in 3 years. So she gets bonus points for being bold!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
This is my neighbors cockateil Baby. Whome I've agreed to take if anything happens neighbor( elderly/health issues)View attachment 42236I
Oh Laura, what a pretty little birdie, and how typically lovely of you to offer to take him or her in!ā¤ļø

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I think Baby is a boy, but he calls her a girl.

I just helped him out and cleaned her cage, and tomorrow we will go to the pet store as she needs some new perches and toys and better food.

I'd like to have her with me now....he's kinda lost interest in her....but not ready to give her up yet.

But pretty sure one day she will be with me ...as his health is poor :(

Tho I'm not sure how quakers and tiels get along. But I'd make it work!

She/he is a cutie full of personality!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Whiteface tiels are lovely. A friend got a whiteface tiel because the wildtype birds remind her of scary clowns.

I have heard many a tale of QPs beating up tiels or biting off toes, though my Lucy just got depressed when I babysat my friends tiel. QPs are much more solid than tiels even if the body size is similar.

Most Reactions

Latest posts