Laura's Flock Thread

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I was sad missing and thinking of my Neptune.

But my wonderful emotional support flock surrounded me with love and kisses. Ta-dah made a point to tell me many times she loved me.

The quaker girls are still on the kick of saying burrrrd over and over all together. Anytime I start to talk they talk over me with burrrrd. It always makes me laugh. They will laugh with me. So I'm probably stuck with that being all they will say for the foreseeable future!

It makes phone calls interesting! Who ever im speaking with gets to laughing as well. I have to run to the bathroom and shut the door to have a conversation.

Including one of my sunflowers. Planted itself from the bird feeder
20220526_094125.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Interesting flock gossip. This is Pikachu and Penny "secret randevu " they meet up here about once a day
20220613_132748.jpg

Pikachu and Phoebe have been inseparable since they hooked up this breeding season.

Except when Pikachu sneaks off to hang out with Penny!!!! Sneaks a few kisses. They really act like they are being sneaky. Even tho they are in full view of us all. One will fly to the chair seat, then shortly the other will follow .

Phoebe never interfere or joins them

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Why did I think Pikachu was with Phoebe? Was I confused or did they split up?

(And is the U-haul parked behind the wing chair?)
Oh no Pikachu is just a player! previous with Penny was just a few minutes ago.

This is now!
20220613_135404.jpg
20220613_135400.jpg

I'm thinking quakers are not monogamous lol! Peny also kisses Cloudy ..
We just have a lot of love going on.

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
So they’re all chasing after the blonde? Figures. Blondes are overrated.

I wonder if anyone has studied extra pair egg fertilization in QP apartment nests. Would be interesting. Songbirds are supposed to be monogamous but many chicks come from extra-pair copulations. Would’ve hoped for better from QP’s. Guess not.

Someone should tell Pikachu that if she’ll cheat WITH you, she’ll cheat ON you.

Somehow I ended up with two boy birds in my home who are jealous of each other. We have the exact opposite situation. I’m constantly getting bit because I made eye contact with THE OTHER BIRD.

You have Polly-gamy going on! Aha ha ha.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Don't be harshing on the blonds! ;)
Penny is actually is actually the one they all Chase after. But because of her previous life living single, it takes awhile (years) to earn her trust. Phoebe has only managed to sneak her one kiss so far. But I think they will continue to grow closer.

Pikachu whole world us just about love. She is such a sweetie

I'm so happy to have such a loving flock!!

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The classic "if I sit on it, it's mine".
I love her, she's so cute :love:
Thank you Stormy that means a lot to me! I know she's not flashy , but she is so beautiful to me!!! And all these years later I still get mad at tge pet store dude who called her ugly and said no one wanted her!!! Grrrrr
Even tho total score fir me getting her 1/2 price. And herself being so smart, says so many words , snuggles and u
I agree beautiful gcc

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Thank you Stormy that means a lot to me! I know she's not flashy , but she is so beautiful to me!!! And all these years later I still get mad at tge pet store dude who called her ugly and said no one wanted her!!! Grrrrr
Even tho total score fir me getting her 1/2 price. And herself being so smart, says so many words , snuggles and u
I agree beautiful gcc
HOW COULD ANYONE SAY THAT!?
She is an absoulutely BEAUTIFUL conure, and if anyone says otherwise, I'll feed them to my birds :mad:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I agree beautiful gcc
I remember being totally outraged when you first told us about that, Laura. NOT with my favourite gorgeous Floridian niece you don't, stupid pet store dude!! Mind you, all's well that ended well, she ended up with the best bird mom she could possibly have asked for when she came home to you 💖

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
SHe's a looker! Ugly my butt feathers, LOL! I remember being at a bus stop with two of my green cheeks and someone told me they were ugly birds. Ugh. Well, they were mine and he didn't have to look at them after that! LOL!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
SHe's a looker! Ugly my butt feathers, LOL! I remember being at a bus stop with two of my green cheeks and someone told me they were ugly birds. Ugh. Well, they were mine and he didn't have to look at them after that! LOL!!
Glad to hear someone else takes their birds on the bus. I met so many people when I had Lucy with me in her carrier.

Not brightly colored doesn’t mean ugly.

Most Reactions

Latest posts