Little Edgar c: surprise Timneh

Jan 12, 2014
Frankfort, Ky
Parrots
Edgar the Timneh Grey
Skittles the Sun Conure
My family is Currently awaiting the arrival of our second parrot ^_^ (our first being our Sun Conure, Skittles)
His name is Edgar.
I first met him a few weeks ago when he was just getting his pin feathers and still all covered in fluffy down. He was jumping in my hands and mouthing me to death with his beak (due to him being a slight pig with an insatiable appetite) lol
This week his breeder sent me some new pictures of him, finally feathering up, and with red feathers on his legs and belly! That was certainly a surprise!
I think he looks so beautiful with it-not that he would be any less without it-I do hope he keeps it, but only time will tell.
His breeder has several other birds, including macaws, cockatoos, parrotlets, hawk headed, conures SO MANY they were all in perfect health and most of them had no qualms with being cuddled and held by strangers.
I watched her feed him and just hung out with him for a while, he's a charming and bold little chick who shows no fear and is curious about everything (I'm wondering if this will get him in trouble after he's brought home lol)
I'm so glad I found such an awesome breeder with such awesome experience and such a cute and charming little buddy.
I can't wait to bring him home!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 340

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
Chico the Cinnamon Green Conure and Malik the Congo African Grey
He is so CUTE!!! I can't wait to see more pics.

RockysMom

Jan 21, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Rocky...Yellow Crown Amazon....

Smokey Congo Grey....

Shamrock Male Eclectus.......

Baby Female Congo Grey.....
Cookie.....Aztec Conure
Congrads I love baby greys they are so sweet :) he is so cute

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
A www the red means that he has some red factor gene in him, I think he's beautiful!!

OP
U
Jan 12, 2014
Frankfort, Ky
Parrots
Edgar the Timneh Grey
Skittles the Sun Conure
Thank you so much!
I really hope he doesn't molt those purty red feathers!!
Lol
It's a surprise because she didn't hatch him so neither of us had any idea of the parents genetics.

Most Reactions

Latest posts