Long lasting paint fumes?

roadrunner413

Mar 14, 2020
Media
Parrots
Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure
Hi All!

My parter and I have a 1.5 year old green cheek conure, Kiwi, who we love dearly. I have a question and would love any advice or input.

My parents had a house fire in 2019. Fortunately, they were okay, but the house had to be gutted and repainted during late 2019 and some of early 2020. If and when we are able to visit them, is it safe for little Kiwi to visit? I wouldn't do indoor painting with the bird around but when is it okay for them to be in a repainted room?

Many thanks!:)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Since you did not define your location in this huge World it becomes more difficult to assure 100% safety. That said, assuming North America, and installation by a painting contractor you should be safe. VOC levels in water based paint in North America (Brand Name) Products is low to very low and any off-gassing is clear within a couple of months maximum.

When extensive interior painting has occurred, within a home, it can take a couple of years before that background aroma of fresh paint is gone. That said, the issue of being tonic to your Parrot has ended.

OP
R

roadrunner413

Mar 14, 2020
Media
Parrots
Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure
Thanks! Haha... yup sorry should have thought of that! We live in Massachusetts.

Most Reactions

Latest posts