Looking for this

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
Hi everyone! Thank you for taking out the time to read my message. I am new here and this is my first message. I have developed an interest in parakeets and have been reading up on them and I was hoping someone could help me with some books I am looking for. These are the ones:

Encyclopedia of parakeets
Kurt Kolar

The Parakeet Handbook Annette Wolter

I really hope that someone here will be able to help me out. Thank you all :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi everyone! Thank you for taking out the time to read my message. I am new here and this is my first message. I have developed an interest in parakeets and have been reading up on them and I was hoping someone could help me with some books I am looking for. These are the ones:

Encyclopedia of parakeets
Kurt Kolar

The Parakeet Handbook Annette Wolter

I really hope that someone here will be able to help me out. Thank you all :)
I'm not sure where in the world you're located, but I found a copies of both available on Amazon ...

Hope this helps you🙏

OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
I'm not sure where in the world you're located, but I found a copies of both available on Amazon ...

Hope this helps you🙏
I am in a third world country in Pakistan halfway across the world I can't order on Amazon. Not possible to use credit cards internationally. Sigh!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I am in a third world country in Pakistan halfway across the world I can't order on Amazon. Not possible to use credit cards internationally. Sigh!
Both appear to be available through ebay.com as well, and possibly a number of other online retailers - unfortunately I'm in Australia so I can't tell for sure who might ship to Pakistan. I hope you can find one that will!

OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
Both appear to be available through ebay.com as well, and possibly a number of other online retailers - unfortunately I'm in Australia so I can't tell for sure who might ship to Pakistan. I hope you can find one that will!
Thank you for your concern. I will greatly appreciate it if someone who has these titles in digital format to possibly share with me. Thank you

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My library in US will order a certain number of books from outside the library system. Do you have that in your locale? Or a university to which you could go to read these books?

I have been able to find more up to date information online than in most books. Only textbooks and journals are more modern than online ingo. But you must be selective of the sites you take your information from. Look for information from a university, scientific, or veterinary organization, not from a random blogger.

OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
My library in US will order a certain number of books from outside the library system. Do you have that in your locale? Or a university to which you could go to read these books?

I have been able to find more up to date information online than in most books. Only textbooks and journals are more modern than online ingo. But you must be selective of the sites you take your information from. Look for information from a university, scientific, or veterinary organization, not from a random blogger.
Your advice is much appreciated thank you. There is one book I missed out which I am also looking for:

The Indian Ringneck Breeder's Handbook
Phil Robson

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
So, you’re mostly looking for info about Indian ringnecks?

That encyclopedia of parakeets will only give a little info and pictures of many species of parakeet type birds. I don’t think I’d spend time looking for that. And “the parakeet handbook” is mostly about budgies. A lot of its info would apply to ringnecks also, but still, I think it’s a pretty basic book.

So look for something about Indian or African ringnecks or psittacula species, like your last book listed (which I found very expensive online). There are a number of books specifically about Indian and African Ringneck parakeets if that’s the species you’re interested in. And some are available electronically if you can use that format. (that was Amazon.com)

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
So, you’re mostly looking for info about Indian ringnecks?

That encyclopedia of parakeets will only give a little info and pictures of many species of parakeet type birds. I don’t think I’d spend time looking for that. And “the parakeet handbook” is mostly about budgies. A lot of its info would apply to ringnecks also, but still, I think it’s a pretty basic book.

So look for something about Indian or African ringnecks or psittacula species, like your last book listed.
Your advice is greatly appreciated thank you.
I am interested in ringnecks but want to expand my knowledge on parakeets in general so I might fancy some other species that are related to Indian ringnecks and I want to look into similar species.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020

I think both of these are free sites you just need to create an account then you can see an electronic copy for free or print them out.
Great! Was pretty sure there’s be something like this online but didn’t know.
I DID find several relevant Ringneck books that you could get electronically in US, I’m just not sure how well that works in Pakistan.

OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
Great! Was pretty sure there’s be something like this online but didn’t know.
I DID find several relevant Ringneck books that you could get electronically in US, I’m just not sure how well that works in Pakistan.
Doesn't work well for me at all. It's great to be in the US where you have access to so much more than books, equipment, Kaytee fotidiet and a lot more! Unfortunately that's not the case in my case :)

OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
Doesn't work well for me at all. It's great to be in the US where you have access to so much more than books, equipment, Kaytee fotidiet and a lot more! Unfortunately that's not the case in my case :)
Oh sorry I didn't expand the message. Thank you so much for helping me out and sending the links!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
could you get a VPN? Virtual private network? then you could say your in the united states. and bypass any other restrictions. I won't recommend any one over the other, they are all pretty much the same. If needs be I can create an account and email it to you I suppose; or someone else can. But I'd set that up in a private message so your email is not exposed.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Oh nvm then. :cool:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
can you google? if so type "indian ringneck book openlibrary.org" and "indian ringneck book archive.org"

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Also I think HeatherG got credit for my links....lol that's ok so long as southshore gets them.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Scribed.com has some bird books online if you pay for access:

Ringneck Parakeets, The Complete Owner’s Guide to Ringneck Parrots​

Smashwords.com has books for free:
“The Complete Owner’s Guide
to Ringneck Parakeets” Including Indian Ringneck Parakeets, their Care, Breeding, Training, Food, Lifespan, Mutations, Talking, Cages and Diet. By Rose Sullivan​

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Also I think HeatherG got credit for my links....lol that's ok so long as southshore gets them.
Nope. You posted the links and I replied to your message with thanks as I was not sure how to search for an electronic book online.

Have at at.

Most Reactions