Looking to give a parrot a forever home

PaigeyH

Apr 8, 2020
Grand Blanc michigan 48439
Parrots
None as of now
I live in Grand Blanc michigan, postal code 48439 and I have a cage and a lot of food ready for a parrot! Iā€™m looking for a free parrot who needs to be rehomed!

Last edited by a moderator:

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Hi there!

Parrots are so diverse - there are so many species, personalities, and needs. Why a parrot? A parrotlet is very different from a scarlet macaw. Who knows what size your cage is. As for food, some species have very specific diets.

And I'm curious about the free part? Are finances a concern? If they are, then perhaps reconsider the timing. Vet bills can be more than the cost of a bird themselves. If you can't afford a bird now, then what will happen if they need emergency care? It's a tricky choice to make.

Do share more :)

RedLoredAmazonLover

Apr 4, 2020
I live in Grand Blanc michigan, postal code 48439 and I have a cage and a lot of food ready for a parrot! Iā€™m looking for a free parrot who needs to be rehomed!

Have you tried petfinder.com? Or google Bird Rescue + your zip code? Thereā€™s no such thing as a free parrot and if there is, youā€™ll be in for a lot of hard work, not to mention lots of $$$, because it wonā€™t be a healthy or well vetted bird.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?

How did you acquire the cage and food? Not all cages are appropriate for all birds-- same with food...

Did you have a bird?

Most Reactions