Lovebird hate each other!?

LovebirdLover

Jan 7, 2013
Parrots
I have a citron cockatoo, Umbrella cockatoo, Parakeets, Finches, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Canaries, Sun Conures, Green Cheek Conures and planning to get a lot more!!!
I have a yellow peach faced named mango and decided to get him a friend. Green peach faced lovebird named kiwi. I put them together and i They bite each other feet and then walk it off and go back for more. Mango is smaller than kiwi so i assume he is male and she is female. Any reason why they dont like each other. Help please i want babies and handfeed them i know its a lot of work and im ready. I have lots of time for them.

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
first off its a lot of work raising babies and handfeeding is VERY dangerous many things can go wrong your bird can break its neck while feeding, burst crop, burnt crop, slow crop...etc do your research im not saying you havent just making sure you have! i handfeed baby lovebirds so i know form experience! this is part one of introducing lovebirds this is how you should do it! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2FMhQn9ZQ]Introducing Lovebirds - YouTube[/ame] heres part two [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIQTiFgROPw]Introducing Lovebirds pt 2 - YouTube[/ame] you should NEVER put two lovebirds together right away!! and they most likely wont breed for months maybe even a year after being bonded to eachother and they both must be 1 year old or older to be successful some males may breed at 6 months and do fine but its not ideal and females can get egg bound and id if they are bred before 1 year so its best to wait.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Different cages. Separate them. Might be too late for quarantine if they've already had physical contact with other other.

Keep them in separate cages and allow them out for supervised time outside of the cage - away from the cages.

OP
L

LovebirdLover

Jan 7, 2013
Parrots
I have a citron cockatoo, Umbrella cockatoo, Parakeets, Finches, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Canaries, Sun Conures, Green Cheek Conures and planning to get a lot more!!!
Different cages. Separate them. Might be too late for quarantine if they've already had physical contact with other other.

Keep them in separate cages and allow them out for supervised time outside of the cage - away from the cages.

Do you think he will die!!??

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Sorry, but i don't think your ready for handfeeding babies. You need to learn to walk before you can run. Why don't you hold up breeding for now.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.

Do you think he will die!!??

I think you need to bring them to a avian vet like I told you in your other post!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013

Most Reactions