March 2019 POTM Contest

SassiBird

May 10, 2016
Media
Albums
Minnesota
Parrots
Black Capped Conure - Sassafras - 2015; GCC Rosalita - 2018; GCC Apple Blossom - 2018
I left a drawer open and turned my back for 2 seconds and the little hens were scoping it out. (for fun)
sassibird-albums-misc-picture21228-troublex3.jpg

This is what I had in mind when I suggested the theme.
Our little Sassi Bird is like a "moth to a flame" with the remote. She has chewed off all the buttons. No matter how you hide it, she can find it, flip it over and snatch a button before you know it. We now have a "good remote" and this one. (Official entry)
sassibird-albums-misc-picture21231-remote.jpg

OP
SailBoat

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Your 'just for fun and Official entry' truly nails the Contest Question. Thank You!

As we enter the final days of the Contest, (there is still time) it becomes important for our members to get their entries in!

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
LOL the "eating the remote" did not even occur to me anymore.
Japie just "killed" the 4th a few weeks ago ..
(at least he stopped trying to make babies with them, he is now just removing all the buttons)

Thank you for the great laugh!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I left a drawer open and turned my back for 2 seconds and the little hens were scoping it out. (for fun)

Our little Sassi Bird is like a "moth to a flame" with the remote. She has chewed off all the buttons. No matter how you hide it, she can find it, flip it over and snatch a button before you know it. We now have a "good remote" and this one. (Official entry)

Oh my! that photo brought back a flood of memories with Smokey! :eek: My Mom (RIP MOM) was certainly known to "nod off" in her recliner watching tv while Smokes was usually on her roof top. Smoker's had this ability to know when mom was snoozing,and would stealthly climb down from her roof and tip-toe across the floor and very gingerly climb up the recliner and on to mom's arm has the remote was loosely dangling in mom's hand and within SECONDS every single button would look like that one :mad: We should have bought "stock" in clicker manufacturing! Luckily Wally-Mart sold the dang generic type things pretty cheap!

Jim

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
It’s not just sandwiches one has to watch carefully in this home. Veggie burgers are also subject to avian attack:rolleyes::36::green: Interestingly, he does not like my dairy free “cheese” (which I don’t buy often but he gets SUPER offended about when he discovers it’s not dairy)

attachment.php

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Caught in the act! Uhh I'm just going to taste this... Such a gorgeous bird, and a perfect picture!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Hahahahaha! I can see why the moment captured in the official entry inspired this month's mischief-filled theme! These birds find an unholy glee in dismantling our things, don't they?

It’s not just sandwiches one has to watch carefully in this home. Veggie burgers are also subject to avian attack:rolleyes::36::green: Interestingly, he does not like my dairy free “cheese” (which I don’t buy often but he gets SUPER offended about when he discovers it’s not dairy)

attachment.php

Caught right in the act!!! You'd think he'd show some shame and try to hide, but Kiwi is obviously less than intimidated by the prospect of being caught! Lol!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

attachment.php

Looks awesome, April! What brand of burger... looks like Boca?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots

attachment.php

Looks awesome, April! What brand of burger... looks like Boca?

Gardein actually. Off all the frozen major brands currently on the market (frozen since a package takes me a few months to get through), they tend to have the least preservatives and artificial stuff.

Kiwi was only after the bun though. He won’t eat real or imitation meat but does like bread and the vet says small amounts are ok for him:)

Last edited:

Wingnut

Feb 25, 2016
South Carolina, USA
Parrots
Kiwi The Lovebird
So my Lovebird Kiwi escaped from her cage near my desk. I turn around to find her hanging from the towel like this...and snapped a photo mid-squeak. xD
22197d1553352874-march-2019-potm-contest-img_2773.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2773.jpg
    IMG_2773.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 15,271
Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
So my Lovebird Kiwi escaped from her cage near my desk. I turn around to find her hanging from the towel like this...and snapped a photo mid-squeak. xD

That pose paired with the look on her face is just too funny:p

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17

Ahahahahaha! Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Gardein from Canada has an excellent lineup of products. Have a few Holiday Roasts in the freezer.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Zenek in troubles:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEyCf86457w"]Zenek in troubles / Zenek w kłopotach - YouTube[/ame]

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Oh, April was right! The combination of facial expression and positioning is highest comedy! Your Kiwi is a trench coat away from getting a public lewdness citation for flashing! Lol!

Hahahahaha! This video made me laugh so hard! Yep, that would definitely qualify as trouble. Lol! "When the hunter becomes the hunted!"

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure

Oh, April was right! The combination of facial expression and positioning is highest comedy! Your Kiwi is a trench coat away from getting a public lewdness citation for flashing! Lol!

Hahahahaha! This video made me laugh so hard! Yep, that would definitely qualify as trouble. Lol! "When the hunter becomes the hunted!"

Don't look now, mom...no wings!
And no decency!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Amazing entries for the month of March! Still time to get your favorite trouble makers in the contest!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
So my entry this month comes from North. I cut myself catering an event (I am a chef) and had a grey Band-Aid on and WOW DID SHE TELL ME OFF. Don't worry no birds were traumatized in the making of this video, after that I put on a more skin colored Band-Aid on that she found acceptable lol.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPASEwCBhGc"]North hates Band-Aids - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts