Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
He was a very good boy! Sadly flew away a year ago..
Oh NO!
My biggest fear, even more than my birds getting sick and dying is them flying away and getting lost, never to be seen again. It's happened to me and it was heartbreaking and not anyone's fault but my own. It's my job to protect them because they can't protect themselves. (Not saying it was your fault).

Cindylynn

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Apr 7, 2022
Media
Albums
Pancho's only job is being bad, while looking good...and he does it quite well! He just robbed a flower from my vase, and I can't even get mad cuz he just looks so cute!!

Attachments

• 20230524_094416.jpg
    20230524_094416.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 97

EinsteinsDad

Jan 14, 2023
Media
Parrots
8 lovebirds: Phoenix, Woodstock, Einstein, Lucky, Red, Snow White, Mango, and Sunshine.
Oh NO!
My biggest fear, even more than my birds getting sick and dying is them flying away and getting lost, never to be seen again. It's happened to me and it was heartbreaking and not anyone's fault but my own. It's my job to protect them because they can't protect themselves. (Not saying it was your fault).
I've had a similar experience and I was distraught for days, also no one's fault but my own. I'd seen Sunshine, one of our sweet loverbirds perched on a bird gym on the other side of the living room. I got my shopping tote out of the pantry and went out the front door not realizing that the bird had flown onto my back ( I didn't hear it or feel it). As I started getting in the car I saw Sunshine fly off my back toward the front door. In shock I rushed to get the bird but it flew off before I could reach it, sadly never to return. I was devastated, I called out to try and get Sunshine to return. I walked the block many times calling out but to no avail. I kept watch and calling out for most of the day until a thunderstorm came thru. All I could think about was how this tiny wonderful pet would be devoured by some cat or big bird or maybe starving. I couldn't sleep for several nights. I finally realized accidents do happen and it really was not my "fault". It happened I did not 'cause' it, but I learned a hard lesson. We now have a BIG sign on the inside front door "Watch for the birds". Also we hadn't clipped Sunshne's wings yet, we were planning to later in the week. So we gently clip the young ones until they are trained. Lessons learned!

Inger

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions