Status
Not open for further replies.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Long ago, when I had determined that my physical sight was limited by functioning receptors in my eyes (color blindness). I also learned that what I see as a spectrum is different from what other individuals who are color blind see as their spectrum is different. As the color spectrum available at the local paint store vastly increased with the advent of equipment that could mix a near endless list of colors became available..

As I experienced life, I came to understand that the same is true regarding Human Sexuality. With a base of two choices, one would think that there would be limits to variety. But, Humans are blessed with a very creative mind that finds vast variations based from two choices. For untold reasons, as a species, we find it difficult to perceive the vast number /selection of likely variations. That said, selection /choice becomes a confusing and dangerous discussion as many have never considered such a huge variation. Likely the reasoning behind individuals that find such variations difficult to relate to.

In following this decision, it becomes confusing to me to relate to the 'terms' used as I have not been exposed to the ever expanding list of terms. Had some one stated they were PAN, a week ago, I would have been lost to find a connection.

As we continue to understand /use an ever increase spectrum of 'titles.' The vast populations will lag ever further behind as blindness of color is just as likely with Sexuality. It becomes important to define words as the unintended reader of the discussion will become lost /confused . To that end, it becomes important to provide definitions.

Cheers!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
IMHO, labels are bad! Once labeled, we often then unconsciously live up to that label! You are you!
In my normal fashion, I splashed multiple thoughts on the wall! Why?
99.9% is me, writing to me. My therapy!
Your opinion! And it's ok!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Long ago, when I had determined that my physical sight was limited by functioning receptors in my eyes (color blindness). I also learned that what I see as a spectrum is different from what other individuals who are color blind see as their spectrum is different. As the color spectrum available at the local paint store vastly increased with the advent of equipment that could mix a near endless list of colors became available..

As I experienced life, I came to understand that the same is true regarding Human Sexuality. With a base of two choices, one would think that there would be limits to variety. But, Humans are blessed with a very creative mind that finds vast variations based from two choices. For untold reasons, as a species, we find it difficult to perceive the vast number /selection of likely variations. That said, selection /choice becomes a confusing and dangerous discussion as many have never considered such a huge variation. Likely the reasoning behind individuals that find such variations difficult to relate to.

In following this decision, it becomes confusing to me to relate to the 'terms' used as I have not been exposed to the ever expanding list of terms. Had some one stated they were PAN, a week ago, I would have been lost to find a connection.

As we continue to understand /use an ever increase spectrum of 'titles.' The vast populations will lag ever further behind as blindness of color is just as likely with Sexuality. It becomes important to define words as the unintended reader of the discussion will become lost /confused . To that end, it becomes important to provide definitions.

Cheers!
Uh...
Sexualities and definitions (just the ones off the top of my head)
Homosexual - attraction to the same sex
Heterosexual - attraction to the opposite sex
Bisexual - attraction to the same sex and others
Pansexual - attraction to every sex
Demisexual - only experiencing sexual attraction after being experiencing romantic attraction
Asexual - little to no sexual attraction
Aromantic - little to no romantic attraction
Omnisexual - attraction to every sex WITH a preference
Polysexual - attraction to most (but not all) genders; different from bi
Skoliosexual - attraction to non-binary people
There are WAY more and i didn't include genders but...there you go

Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Non-binary people are normally born either male or female. Their physical anatomy is that of a male or female's, but they identify as neither.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I-
I WISH I could be as brave about my sexuality as you
I’ve never been in a relationship with a girl because they always HAVE to be straight…
Five months ago I couldn't have freely discussed. And I sensed a trusting interlocutor. Trust me, coming out and living my authentic self is dramatic personal growth and I'm savoring every moment!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I don't understand why people are so hard on people who are different. When everything else we seem to celibate uniqueness. Yet at the same time nobody wants to be the same as everyone, we all want to be special.

Look how we select for all these parrot colors mutations, or breeds of dogs that are short and squat wish smashed faces, or long hair or short hair or curly hair .

Why not see the beauty in human diversity ?
Non-conformity can be personally threatening to insecure people, fomenting all manner of negative behaviors. Often a "cover" for self doubt and yearning for social cohesion.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Uh...
Sexualities and definitions (just the ones off the top of my head)
Homosexual - attraction to the same sex
Heterosexual - attraction to the opposite sex
Bisexual - attraction to the same sex and others
Pansexual - attraction to every sex
Demisexual - only experiencing sexual attraction after being experiencing romantic attraction
Asexual - little to no sexual attraction
Aromantic - little to no romantic attraction
Omnisexual - attraction to every sex WITH a preference
Polysexual - attraction to most (but not all) genders; different from bi
Ceterosexual - attraction to non-binary people
There are WAY more and i didn't include genders but...there you go
I'll add - everything mentioned by Foxxy (except of aromantic) is about sexual attraction. There are people who feel attraction, but just romantic attraction (or for one gender just romantic attraction, for other also sexual, but it's more complicated). There are such things like romantic orientations and their names are similar like a both, just replacing "-sexual" with "-romantic" (Foxxy mentioned just aromantic, but there also are eg heteromantic, homoromantic, biromantic etc)
But like Foxxy said there are way more. For example some people describe themselves as between asexual and any of other sexuality ("gray")

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
I'll add - everything mentioned by Foxxy (except of aromantic) is about sexual attraction. There are people who feel attraction, but just romantic attraction (or for one gender just romantic attraction, for other also sexual, but it's more complicated). There are such things like romantic orientations and their names are similar like a both, just replacing "-sexual" with "-romantic" (Foxxy mentioned just aromantic, but there also are eg heteromantic, homoromantic, biromantic etc)
But like Foxxy said there are way more. For example some people describe themselves as between asexual and any of other sexuality ("gray")
Yup, you can be a biromantic ace, panromantic ace, etc. Or a gray ace

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
It was my first thought, but wasn't sure πŸ˜›

Note for others: romantic orientations usually are used to desribe asexual people orientation, but it may be used also in other combinations (eg panromantic heterosexual would mean, that you have romantic attraction to any gender, but sexual only to the opposite one). I know, it is complicated

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
It was my first thought, but wasn't sure πŸ˜›

Note for others: romantic orientations usually are used to desribe asexual people orientation, but it may be used also in other combinations (eg panromantic heterosexual would mean, that you have romantic attraction to any gender, but sexual only to the opposite one). I know, it is complicated
No, i know. For a couple months I thought I was a panromantic bisexual, but I'm just pansexual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts