My Baby parrot is sick

Arun

Feb 23, 2015
Hi All.. I have a baby parrot which is 50 days young and he is sleeping all the time... we took him to Vet doctor and came to know the he is too weak.. and told us to feed him glucose. He is weak for couple of days and even after feeding him glucose he is not at all recovering.. He is vomiting glucose today.. not taking in..Please advise.. Please help me to save my baby... :31:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forum, Arun.

Could you tell us a bit more, please? What type of parrot is this, how long have you had him/her? How much does he weigh, what else do you feed him?

I've never heard of feeding a parrot 'glucose'. :confused: Did the vet run any tests?

OP
A

Arun

Feb 23, 2015
My parrot is Alexandrine breed.. we had him for nearly 10 days. He weighs around 250 - 300 gms. We fed him milk alone for these days... Doctor did not do any test.. just checked my chick and told he is too weak...

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
You have to move fast! Any chance you can go to the breeder or where you got her from for help? And when I say fast, like fire in the kitchen fast!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
My parrot is Alexandrine breed.. we had him for nearly 10 days. He weighs around 250 - 300 gms. We fed him milk alone for these days... Doctor did not do any test.. just checked my chick and told he is too weak...

Please do not give your baby parrot milk, not another drop. Birds cannot digest dairy products properly.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
I was wondering about the milk thing myself...did you mean formula? Or actual milk? Never give a bird milk. If you have formula specifically for him, that's all he should get, not glucose water. Your breeder should have never given you a bird so young. Are you in South Asia?

Most Reactions

Latest posts