Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I just wanted to share how I make birdie bread and see what you guys think :giggle:

1/2 a cup of coconut flour

1/2 a cup of ground pellets

1 tbsp. of either red palm fruit oil or coconut oil or half a tbsp. of each

1/2- 1 cup of chop

2 tbsp. of raw rolled oats

2 tbsp. of crushed almonds

2-3 eggs, sometimes I put in the shells but sometimes I don't or 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of soaked mixed chia and flaxseeds to replace the eggs altogether.

1 tbsp. of ground flaxseed

1 tbsp. of seed mix (sometimes, if I do it's budgie seed)

Sometimes I need to add 1/2 a cup of water.

Put into a mini muffin pan with mini cupcake holders and bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
That's all, it's a fairly simple recipe; I pretty much have seen most of the recipes on the internet and just basically picked out what ingredients I liked from those until I made the recipe I use.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What flour would one use? Almond? Hopefully someone can reply that knows how birds do with coconut flour.
I use coconut flour sometimes, we have a bulk store here that carries all different kinds of flours so I change it up each time. I started using coconut flour after reading it on a safe list in a parrot recipe book I have.

Most Reactions

Latest posts