My new best friend!

slushii

Jan 21, 2023
I was supposed to go tomorrow but out of fear of the babies getting sold, I went today. On my way home a wicked snow storm started, but rest assured, the baby is warm and safe.

The store owner told me she thinks my baby is a girl based on her pelvis, so to be safe she will receive plenty of calcium throughout her life. It was a 3 hour drive there and back for her and I couldnā€™t be happier. She is gorgeous. The lady let me know that she was weaned recently (the 18th) and they are eating both seed and pellets. To be safe she told me a ā€œ15 minute ruleā€- let the baby out to play and socialize for 15 minutes, then let her rest for two hours to make sure she can nap/get enough time to eat her food.

Hereā€™s a picture and I will update this thread with more photos when I can.
This of course is a travel cage and not her permanent one.

I havenā€™t thought of a name yet

Attachments

• 5075A111-66ED-4F13-818D-B27B1FA88DD2.jpeg
    5075A111-66ED-4F13-818D-B27B1FA88DD2.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 65BC44CB-B3FF-4806-A77A-CB46CFDAEA56.jpeg
    65BC44CB-B3FF-4806-A77A-CB46CFDAEA56.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 40

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I was supposed to go tomorrow but out of fear of the babies getting sold, I went today. On my way home a wicked snow storm started, but rest assured, the baby is warm and safe.

The store owner told me she thinks my baby is a girl based on her pelvis, so to be safe she will receive plenty of calcium throughout her life. It was a 3 hour drive there and back for her and I couldnā€™t be happier. She is gorgeous. The lady let me know that she was weaned recently (the 18th) and they are eating both seed and pellets. To be safe she told me a ā€œ15 minute ruleā€- let the baby out to play and socialize for 15 minutes, then let her rest for two hours to make sure she can nap/get enough time to eat her food.

Hereā€™s a picture and I will update this thread with more photos when I can.
This of course is a travel cage and not her permanent one.

I havenā€™t thought of a name yet
Oh how wonderful! Welcome to your new new baby, s/he is gorgeous šŸ¤© - congratulations to the two of you! ā¤ļø

OP
S

slushii

Jan 21, 2023
I love her so much already
She's a bit nippy but we'll work on it
She's found her food dish so exploring seems to be going well, she's a goof

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Congratulations! What an adorable little baby. Iā€™m so excited for you! I brought home my first green cheek this summer and itā€™s been such a wonderful journey. It sounds like yours is settling in well.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
There are blue and turquoise words that you could use to name her. Like azure, aqua, ocean, stormy, lapis, etc. of course maybe you want to get to know her a bit before naming her so you donā€™t give a goofy name to an elegant bird or vice versa.

What a beautiful color!

OP
S

slushii

Jan 21, 2023
There are blue and turquoise words that you could use to name her. Like azure, aqua, ocean, stormy, lapis, etc. of course maybe you want to get to know her a bit before naming her so you donā€™t give a goofy name to an elegant bird or vice versa.

What a beautiful color!
Yeah Iā€™m still waiting. Sheā€™s taking a bit to come out of her shell, play time isnā€™t play time to her itā€™s more of ā€œlet me get into moms neck as much as i canā€ LOL

She isnā€™t moving much when I take her out, Iā€™m guessing sheā€™s still shy

Most Reactions

Latest posts