May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Now we have to go through the whole medicine ordeal… I still haven’t found a great way to feed them meds (they won’t eat it with force, just shake their heads so medicine gets everywhere)… my plan is to mix with fruit juice then put it on a piece of millet or a NutriBerry. The doxy the vet prescribes is bitter and disgusting, I wish he would send a prescription to the pharmacy, they make it fruit-flavored.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Cossie is doing a soft noise that sounds like a beep and a pop in one? It's hard to explain. She did it a couple times followed by sneezes, but seems ok?
I'm starting to be a bit concerned though, none of the others seem sick at all... surely if it was an RI, she'd have spread it?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I don’t like to hear popping noises. Those can be respiratory noises and not mimicking.

In fact, when I evaluated poultry for respiratory symptoms, one of the things I listened for was called a β€œsnick” which is a respiratory click or pop.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Every time Stormy takes the medicine, he's like a skeptical old man, "I don't need this new fancy-pants 'medication' or whatever it's called! I can get better by meself!"
He'll stare at it in almost a paranoid way, eat a little, then evacuate to my head and refuse to touch the meds again. Weirdo.

Most Reactions

Latest posts