My Tamed Rainbow Lorikeet — Squeaky

HappyBirdy

Jul 5, 2016
Parrots
Rainbow Lorikeet, Cockatiel, Green Solomon Island Eclectus Parrot (soon getting one). That's it! :D and 40 other fish not related to parrots... (=´∀`)人(´∀`=)
Today I will show you my baby rainbow lorikeet called Squeaky. He was atleast 2weeks old and was raised by me because I cam after school and playing with him until he felt like it was too much, I always provided him fresh fruit and ALOT of toys, He's went through this stage called "runner bird" and he lost his back flight feathers and front. In few weeks I started to notice feathers growing back and I was super excited and started to train him to fly instead of walking around trying to keep up with me, Now he started flying I walk up my stairs and call him without any click trainers because I couldn't find anything at the shops, I say "Come here Squeaky" and he returns on que because he has full flight and I won't cut his feathers cause it's beautiful like that, He's super playful I flip him on his back and play with him like all lorikeets love to do. But now he's a adult and is 1 and half years old. He's mimicking some words like hello and saying my name softly and LOVESSS keys! Like literally he loves anything like keys or silver eye catching stuff I wear. :) and that's it about my baby <big> boy Squeaky :rainbow1: (=´∀`)人(´∀`=) thank you for reading this, sorry if it's too long :p

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Your Squeaky sounds like an Amazing companion . It is so lovely to hear how you trained Squeaky snd cared for him and how your bond grew. While many use clicker training there are one or two of us who do not but the fact that you are interacting with Squeaky and that Squeaky is responding to you is Great. Hope you will share some pics or videos of your lovely Squeaky with us soon. You are doing a wonderful job :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Great introduction, not too long at all:)
Squeaky sounds adorable! I would also love to see pictures of him:)

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
Aww what a great story.. thank you for sharing. Sounds like you put a lot of work into building a great relationship & it's paying off. I commend you for taking such awesome care of Squeaky. I think the lorikeets are so beautiful would love to see pics of Squeaky :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts