Name suggestions for Society finch babies?

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Hi guys! I have a pair of society finches who I LOVE TO DEATH. I know they aren't parrots, but they're the sweetest things and they remind me of parrotlets with their curiosity levels. My male is named Cookie, he is mostly chocolate brown with white on him and some brown speckles. He was born for some reason missing two toes.
IMG_4276.jpg
He was hatched at my work, and me and my coworkers hand raised him because his parents rejected him. He is SO social. Loves people, loves to eat whatever I'm eating, will sing the sweetest songs and puff up double his size and beep hello's to me. He's an angel!I adopted another society finch about 3 months into having Cookie because they need to be in societies, hence the name. I took him the plucking ugly lady society finch with no tail and a ewok face. Her name is Mama Toffee. When she met Cookie, she was super unsure about him but now they're bonded at the hip and she stopped plucking! She's GORG!! She has the same color pallete as Cookie, but she has some more dark-dark brown which I think makes her look like an ewok from Starwars.Anyhoo, Toffee and Cookie made me two lovely little babies! One female and one male. Going with the theme of sweet treats and desserts, what names do you suggest? I was thinking Chip, like Chocolate Chip, but I think I want something more obvious. Somethin' from the chocolate catagory.
Please help me name these two little fluffnuggets. They just started to open their eyes and mommy fed them some watermelon and egg which they sucked down like damn garbage disposals.
Mommy is pretty flighty and not super social with me so its hard for me to get a nice picture of her but I have plenty of Cookie. I'll attach them below. Cookie is on my hand and mommy is chonkin' her butt off in a food bowl. She loves roudybush.
tempImageG1Zaa8.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Your pictures look fine to me of your beautiful little Societies! I adore finches, and had a Society who I had a special place in my heart for because he had one leg he couldn't use.
Perhaps Hershey for one? Truffle? Snickers?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Actually they remind me of those shakes you can have, with the cookies and ice cream blended up. Flurry?

Most Reactions