Need help from expert IRN owners

OP
indianringnecks

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
He does seem very content in the video and if he's allowing head scratches that's fantastic!!
Thanks for your reply! It honestly seems like he's getting more comfortable with me and the atmosphere
But i was wondering if i should get him another toy or is one toy enough for now? (I think hes starting to like the one he has at the moment he seemed more scared of it when i firstly introduced it to him then now)

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
What a lovely IRN. He must have received a lot of care from where you got him. I can only emphasize how bad a 2nd bird would be to add, especially a cockatiel. Even though my IRN is bonded to this cockatiel here, I've been told by avian vets and others that IRN generally will kill a cockatiel, and that I should even separate mine.

Those sounds seem like sounds of content, and similar to sounds mine makes when I'm petting him. You've only had him a few weeks. Give it some months, lots of love and care, and I think he'll be just fine.

When you said he plucks, does he have any bald spots? Mine grooms a lot and I do not consider that a plucking issue because his feathers are full and clean like how your avatar looks.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Yes. It’s good to have at least a few toys. If he seems scared of the toy you can leave it sit near his cage so he gets accustomed to its look before putting in his cage. (Not all birds need that but my Quaker didn’t have many toys and is scared of new toys. Previous Quaker would steal things and hide them she was so unafraid.)

Most Reactions