Neptune is lost

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
And I hope Neptune’s story is not over. I’m still hoping for a reunion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
And I hope Neptune’s story is not over. I’m still hoping for a reunion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neptune is smart, and strong, and in the prime of his life. He is loved and so many prayers have been said for him .

On parrot 911 alert, there is a story of a man reunited with his cockatiel after 3 years!!!!

So a part if me will never give up on this miracle .... maybe someone found him in North East Florida and will see this thread or visit parrot 911 and contact me

Hannah_rio

Apr 16, 2020
Media
Parrots
Rio,male, yellow sided green cheeked conure.
Laura ! i am so sorry to hear this .. i know exactly how you are feeling because my beautiful rio flew away too 2 weeks ago. the pain is unimaginable! no matter how i feel , i know that we shouldn't loose hope in finding our babies back ! it feels impossible right now to me , but still , we have to keep praying and looking .

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
I am just reading this.. the unknown is so hard to face. Laura, I see your posts to others, so full of care and wisdom. Any bird of yours is a lucky bird.

Long ago, I went away to school. I came home to find my best friend Buddy had flown away in a thunderstorm. He was just a little guy, a peach face lovebird. We never found a clue, he just disappeared into the aether. I was back in my hometown last year, standing in line at the post office, and this guy in line asked me "Didn't you lose a bird some 15 years ago? A little green and pink one. My daughter had one fly down to her from a tree around that time. She kept him and loved him for awhile, and then one day he escaped out the window again." Who knows if it is true, or if it was my boy? But maybe he had many more adventures after me. And to hear of him again after so much time had passed warmed my heart.

You are in my thoughts, and Neptune too.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Bless you for this kind post. I want him alive ,and I want him happy, and I want him back with all my heart . Neptune is a loud parrot, i hold on hope that if someone found him, they may decide he belongs back with me after all....

I urge everyone to keep your eye and ears open for lost parrots. As i have found out so many are lost every day. 6 blue quakers were found in Florida these last 4 months. None were my baby. And I've heard of 4 other lost green quakers in Florida . In my area 2 GCC were lost but found, one parakeet was found, 2 Africa Greys were lost only one was found, and one cockatiel was lost, that's just in my area in the last 4 months !!!

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I know some of clicked this thread hoping I found Neptune. I did not. But I did receive a phone call from my poster about a blue parrot in a tree. It was a parakeet. ( didn't know at first),I raced there with huge hopes and happiness, thinking I would get to share our happy ending with you all....I got close to catching him twice, but no luck with him either. JENN from this forum searched the web for any lost parakeets in my area for me. Big thank you Jenn for all your help looking fir Neptune on the web, and for looking fir this new lost boy. I took my parakeets back to try and lure him in, but .... Then because its Florida a big storm came thru..and we have a tropical system headed our way. But I will try again tomorrow to find the parakeet. The neighbors were impressed with all my fuss fir a bird :( I tried to share our great love for theses flighted beauties, and how maybe a little kid would be so happy if I saved their freind........soooo I'm a little sad tonight, thst it wasn't my boy, and that I couldn't catch this little blue one too

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Huge kudos to you and Jen for finding and trying to catch that little parakeet, who is probably someone's beloved little sweetheart! You may not have Neptune back yet, but his legacy lives in what you are doing to educate your neighbourhood and maybe even reunite someone else's baby with their grieving parront, and that is wonderful! I hope you're able to capture that parakeet!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
What a magnificent gesture, Laura! I am sorry you were not yet reunited with Neptune, but your kindness and selfless efforts may help others. Your boundless love for birds is contagious and will surely be paid forward.

Hope you have another opportunity and success tomorrow! A huge shout out to Jenn for assisting from afar!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I just received a call that someone has Neptune but they are keeping him because they love him .
I am crying so hard.
They hung up won't take call
Then texted they we just joking

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
?!?!?! wtf....I feel like they have him???

If they love him, they should arrange for the meeting and YOU SHOULD NOT GO ALONE--I'd go so far as to take an Uber and have them wait..

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
They texted again and said it was a joke because they saw my flyer, a group of boys.
Then offered to buy me a bird because tgey fell so bad

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
If that was supposed to be a joke it was not funny!! Seriously what on earth is wrong with some people? I wish you lived in Queensland, I would have my policeman hubby go pay them a visit!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I feel so sick, and hurt. They wanted to know why they should give him back, that he was on their shoulder and such a great bird and talks I was so stunned and trying to answer when they hung up. I texted back I pay them, or buy them a baby quaker. They texted back it was a joke and they are sorry

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
freaking middle school/junior high schoolers I bet-- if they are making it up...did you star 67 it? or 69? whatever it is..? It still seems odd that they would wait after most of the flyers are down..but who knows...it's possible that it was a prank, but also possible that it wasn't-- I'd look up that number.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
O keep a flyer up at our Walmart stop sign. Because it hurts still , because I want a miracle still
I am shattered

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
well, they are sh*tty and I would still investigate (just in case). Some of the worst people with half-baked brains have no idea how cruel they can be (because, apparently, being a sadist is hilarious between the ages of 12 and 16), but also, sometimes kids lie to get reactions if they aren't sure what to do...So I wouldn't get your hopes too high, but I'd also keep investigating the call.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It was just one guy on the call, no background noise, didn't sound like it was speaker or anything.

He said " I just want you to know I have your quaker , and I love him" he us sitting on my shoulder right now, he loves to talk. " I said some in shock jabbering, sbd he said " Why should I give him back? " I said I love him I hs c e had him from a baby and he hung up.

Then texted was a joke tgey she my flyer.
I texted I would pay or buy them a parrot. Texted back sorry they would buy me a bird. I texted I just want Neptune, I would pay 800 bucks, or buy them a baby quaker. Texted back sorry truly was a joke dont have the bird, and hope I find him

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
This almost sounds like maybe this kid was using his parent's phone and they are hugely embarrassed by his behaviour in cruelly pranking you, the way they are talking to you. I hope he is getting his butt kicked right now!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
I dunno..sounds messed up...I'd tell them what a messed up joke that way (if it was a joke).

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It didn't sound like a kid.
He was serious. Didn't say hello. Just that he wanted to let me know he had my quaker. Not my burd, not my parrot , but my quaker. They flyer says lost bird, it does say quaker farther down. And tge typical attitude we here from everyone here who finds a parrot. Why should he give him back?

Why would a boy doing a joke say he loves him?,

Most Reactions

Latest posts