New baby!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Budgies love other birds,,,sometimes they (and my avn confirmed this) they get a little too "I loveyou" But generally it works out. Cockatiels can be agressive with mates... Do you know thier gender? Opposite genders might be better. I have a male budgie that my female quaker 4 times his size tolerates because he is always doteing on her.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Budgies love other birds,,,sometimes they (and my avn confirmed this) they get a little too "I loveyou" But generally it works out. Cockatiels can be agressive with mates... Do you know thier gender? Opposite genders might be better. I have a male budgie that my female quaker 4 times his size tolerates because he is always doteing on her.
Its funny how fearless budgies can be despite their small stature.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I don't know how I missed this thread but OH MY GOSH CRICKET IS JUST SO CUTE! She is like a bright neon little Peep and looks so sweet. I just want to hug her. So glad to see her getting along well with Rico and with you!

I'm glad you have her in the smaller cage because that bar spacing is much better for her. Maybe she likes that one more because it is easier for her to navigate. I bet she'd like a bigger one too with more perches but with what's there I bet the smaller one is easiest for her to get around in.

PS - sorry for blowing up your notifications as I ❤️ all of your adorable photos. But who could resist showing those faces some love?

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I still think that cricket is a female and I am positive Rico is a male. Rico is never really aggressive with her and same goes for her, but they do keep their boundaries. As long as she doesn’t follow him so closely or step on his tail, he doesn’t really mind her. And I’ve never seen Rico so gentle with someone else that isn’t me, and even then he is pretty nippy with me. He has never bitten her, but he has given her warnings and has hissed at her, which she definitely understood. He does fly over to her when she jumps off the play stand and lands on the padded floor.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I still think that cricket is a female and I am positive Rico is a male. Rico is never really aggressive with her and same goes for her, but they do keep their boundaries. As long as she doesn’t follow him so closely or step on his tail, he doesn’t really mind her. And I’ve never seen Rico so gentle with someone else that isn’t me, and even then he is pretty nippy with me. He has never bitten her, but he has given her warnings and has hissed at her, which she definitely understood. He does fly over to her when she jumps off the play stand and lands on the padded floor.
Its so sweet that Rico and Cricket get along.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I don't know how I missed this thread but OH MY GOSH CRICKET IS JUST SO CUTE! She is like a bright neon little Peep and looks so sweet. I just want to hug her. So glad to see her getting along well with Rico and with you!

I'm glad you have her in the smaller cage because that bar spacing is much better for her. Maybe she likes that one more because it is easier for her to navigate. I bet she'd like a bigger one too with more perches but with what's there I bet the smaller one is easiest for her to get around in.

PS - sorry for blowing up your notifications as I ❤️ all of your adorable photos. But who could resist showing those faces some love?
I am so glad you found this thread! You have now been blessed by cornbread cricket 😌

I KNOW, RIGHT?! She is absolutely adorable! Haha I always call her a peep! I ask her if she is a peep in German haha

I want to hug her too but she is a borb so no chance there. I’m glad she has settled so nicely too! It’s nice to see Rico with a playmate, and getting along with another bird. Although I don’t think he’s very happy about having to wait a few minutes before he can come out because I have to setup the ground setup for cricket and him lol

She is all over the place in her current cage and I feel bad that I can’t get her a bigger cage right now, but we should be able to figure out whether she can fit in her old cage again or if we need to buy a new one (that’s the condition my mom agreed to) since she should be done growing by next month. But I doubt she would be able to fit her old cage’s barspacing, since she won’t grow to English budgie or cockatiel sizes ever, since she is on the smaller side of budgies. Her current setup hold perches better and the bars don’t bow whenever you put on a heavier perch, and the bars don’t have a stroke over rope perches. She seems a lot happier in her current setup and I bet she will be over the moon when we get a bigger one.

Also, don’t worry about it haha I get it! It is impossible not to show love for borbs!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Its so sweet that Rico and Cricket get along.
It really is. It’s nice to see Rico be a bird and their interactions are all so cute or funny.
3DC7566C-1625-437B-8169-DFF5457DD58D.jpeg
1F41E877-A042-4893-BA31-AAA44276330D.jpeg

And it’s interesting to see cricket watch Rico as he just walks up to and climbs on me. She wants to follow, but she’s unsure about it. It’s also interesting to watch cricket copy what he does. If he eats something, well she HAS to try it too. If he goes somewhere, she’s bound to follow him eventually. If he plays with something, she MUST play with it too. It’s really cute! And he doesn’t care whatsoever haha he just is like “oh hello there.” And keeps doing his thing. It’s interesting to watch.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Its funny how fearless budgies can be despite their small stature.
It really is! Cricket is a bit of a skittish birb, but my budgies Ice and Tea were a rambunctious pair. They would divebomb secret (my dog who would never hurt a fly), my mom, they would not hesitate to jump onto the floor while I’m walking, they did not fear the evil feet, they liked to land on the evil feet. They were a brave pair. And I hope cricket becomes that fearless some day too! And if not, oh well, I’ll still love her the same haha

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I believe this eagle and phoenix are planning my demise. Oh well, death by borb would be one I’d be okay with!
7EA74A6A-2875-4CC7-9F01-BF61E7DF9644.jpeg

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Cricket just munching down on the pollen perch!
366DA146-3FF8-4469-91F0-C1CE66E32BC3.jpeg
57318C3F-F64A-4827-BCA7-680F076B1B58.jpeg
9A7523C3-60E6-4BB4-BEED-100A245EB78F.jpeg

She is responding to her name!

A63A3492-29BF-4BCA-8EAE-6ECF93101CA0.jpeg

He took over the perch after she waddled away

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Cricket got her perches and swing in the mail today, and she LOVES her swing! For some reason I thought it would not fit, but it’s a HUGE hit!!! She doesn’t really have neophobia that most birds tend to have so she checked it out right away and hopped on it. I was nervous about it not fitting her like the one I bought for my budgies in 2020 (they were too big for it) but, surprisingly it fits her perfectly!!!!
35607D01-11E8-4AF7-863D-72C6DD096AD0.jpeg
660640F2-B513-4A45-BE54-FCF6A07E3E67.jpeg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Cricket got her perches and swing in the mail today, and she LOVES her swing! For some reason I thought it would not fit, but it’s a HUGE hit!!! She doesn’t really have neophobia that most birds tend to have so she checked it out right away and hopped on it. I was nervous about it not fitting her like the one I bought for my budgies in 2020 (they were too big for it) but, surprisingly it fits her perfectly!!!!View attachment 51975View attachment 51976
She looks like a happy swinger!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Aww Cricket is so cute! My yellow budgie, Pina Colada loves her swing too! When I rescued her, the only toy she had in her cage was a swing and she's loved them ever since!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Aww Cricket is so cute! My yellow budgie, Pina Colada loves her swing too! When I rescued her, the only toy she had in her cage was a swing and she's loved them ever since!
She had no toys? At all? That’s horrible! I’m glad pina colada has a good home now 💙

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Just some ADORABLE pics of crick!
62DA94FC-5B0C-4E53-8AED-6752C226A98E.jpeg
46B01B4D-6B09-441B-8FA8-C6708F3F9B9E.jpeg
90B873F0-C0FB-45D9-8BC2-CAC38C981551.jpeg
163A12DB-1DA7-444F-BB0A-0EDDA9B349BB.jpeg
C17038AE-C871-407A-8325-6E55DEAFE2ED.jpeg
B58397FB-BF0A-4A62-A84C-67AA13308619.jpeg
C6C1A605-2352-4758-9AFC-B1D0526CB352.jpeg
47D13728-82EF-41D0-BE30-13FBEEB7AE31.jpeg
ADD45F22-DC5B-4454-AB89-8A49AFDC8A85.jpeg
690A280B-EA9E-4C8B-AFA5-9F168DEEA8B4.jpeg
47955252-3E16-437C-823D-9CCCF94A7633.jpeg
0D409C4E-2055-4289-BE63-ED7423469961.jpeg

She is so adorable and she was so happy to see me after I got back from the park and my snack run. Although, it’s just to be let outta her cage haha but still!

Also, her right now:

C53FF5EE-D6E5-414E-A3D8-DE32AFE9EFB1.jpeg

Surprisingly, she isn’t being a pest to Rico, although she IS insistent on eating from the same bowl as him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts