New Here and hello!

Tweetiepie

Sep 27, 2023
Parrots
Orange winged Amazon
I have an orange-winged Amazon and she is about 20 years old. I say about as I lost her birth certificate many years back but got her either in 2003 or 2004. I think it was 2003. I have had her since she was born and when she was ready to venture off into the world I brought her home with me. I came to this site as I was looking for some answers about Full Spectrum lighting (which I will post in another area). So I wanted to do a short introduction and say hi.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome! What is your Amazon's name? We would love to see a picture of her!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I have a UV bulb I use in winter ...not a lot, usually in summer I just leave all the blinds open.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed.

I use a full spectrum light over Salty's cage. Just a note on window glass, it stops any UV light from passing through, so opening the blinds or just putting your Parrot next to a window will not get him or her any Vitamin D producing UV light.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Welcome and be welcomed.

I use a full spectrum light over Salty's cage. Just a note on window glass, it stops any UV light from passing through, so opening the blinds or just putting your Parrot next to a window will not get him or her any Vitamin D producing UV light.
Actually my windows are like this double layer plastic type thing I forget the name, But I also usually have the door open and just the screen.

Most Reactions