New here, but not new to owning birds

kyva

Apr 23, 2014
Doylestown PA
Morning everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while and figured I should probably register and introduce myself.

I've had birds all my life (ever since my dad got my two tiels when I was 7). I'm not 32 and am drawn to birds, strong as ever.

Earlier this month, our tiel of 10 years passed away. It's been heartbreaking. I took apart his cage, threw out the old toys, his mostly new pack of nutriberries--but I still feel a lot of sadness when I walk past where his cage used to sit.

I'm currently birdless, and I was sure I wouldn't want another one, but the more time passes, the more I'm reading up on birds, watching videos and all around just miss having one.

I'll post more about my tiel later in another thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone here for being supper supportive parronts.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry about the loss of your tiel. It sounds as if another bird maybe in your future. Once you have them I think it becomes much harder to live without them. I was birdless for a time and it weighed on my heart. When the the time is right the right bird will come along and steal your heart. Are you thinking about another cockatiel or a different kind?

OP
K

kyva

Apr 23, 2014
Doylestown PA
I'm actually not sure to be honest. hubby and I always liked the idea of a GCC, but after reading through these forums, I've found other birds I may like as well such as the linnie.

But like you said, when the right bird comes along, it will be hard not to know who we'll be bringing home.

Hubby isn't ready and says it's a ways down the road before we get a new fid, but I figure I should start preparing now.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Absolutely :D Doing the research ahead of time is always the best. Look at pictures and information good and bad about each species and you will be better prepared down the road to bring a new fid into your lives.

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear about your tiel.

Most Reactions

Latest posts