New here

x7289155

Feb 28, 2019
Orange California
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
Just found out about this forum,

i had a severe macaw long time ago and we just adopted a 5 years old Yellow Naped Amazon

The bird at first was very very shy and quite aggressive and would not let anyone carry him or pet him.

but now he's coming around and doing well.

his name is coco and he sings and talks a lot. :)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Welcome to you and Coco! So glad you found us. You might like to go to the Amazon forum and read the stickies there - great information that will help you and Coco have the best possible relationship.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forums, I’m glad you found us! Congratulations, Coco sounds like a great new family member. My YNA was also a little slow to adjust to his new home but once he did he turned out to be a very friendly bird.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Coco! Thanks for joining, you are in company of a thriving amazon-loving membership!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well, hello, there!

I will look forward to following your story.

I'm so glad you are with us!

9lhIlM0.jpg

Last edited:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Welcome to the community! And congrats on bringing your new baby into your family! I absolutely LOVE Yellow-Naped Amazons, they are one of the sweetest and most-loving of the Amazon species, and any time we have one brought into the Rescue I work at I get excited...I almost adopted one right after I started working at the Rescue about 8 years ago, but he was adopted quickly by a couple who started visiting him every day the week that he was surrendered...The Yellow-Naped Amazons are typically adopted very, very quickly, within the first month of them being at the Rescue or sooner...I think it's a combination of their sweet, loving personalities and the fact that they aren't a large Amazon species like the Blue-Fronts or the Lilacs are...

Give him time, he'll settle-in gradually and you should see him open-up a little bit more each day...

Never hesitate to ask any questions that you might have...

Most Reactions

Latest posts