new member from indonesia

dobytimothy

Jan 16, 2018
Indonesia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
hello to all parrotforums members. i am from indonesia. i recently have a new companion, a male eclectus parrot, his name is Miko, roughly he is around 7 months (im not sure), he joined my family 2 weeks ago. I go to this forum to share the same passion with you guys, and also to get more information specifically for eclectus parrot. As there is very few avian vets here in my country, i think its a good idea to join to this forum and share with you guys so i can take better care of my new companion.

apologize if there is any misspelling, inappropriate or maybe i speak weird english, its not my main language, but.. i'll try my best :D

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Welcome! Eclectus parrots are amazingly beautiful and there are others here who have lots of advice. We love pictures!!!! Don’t worry about any misspellings we don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to Parrot Forums!

So very happy that you found us as there is a wealth of knowledge available for caring for your new Parrot.

Please look at the many Forums that can provide you knowledge and additional support. Remember that the diet for your Parrot will differ a bit different from other Parrots and that a healthy diet is very important to the long life of a Parrot.

OP
D

dobytimothy

Jan 16, 2018
Indonesia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
OP
D

dobytimothy

Jan 16, 2018
Indonesia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
Welcome to Parrot Forums!

So very happy that you found us as there is a wealth of knowledge available for caring for your new Parrot.

Please look at the many Forums that can provide you knowledge and additional support. Remember that the diet for your Parrot will differ a bit different from other Parrots and that a healthy diet is very important to the long life of a Parrot.

Thank you!
Yes i have been reading about eclectus diet and found some list of what to feed and what not. But miko is a picky eater, im still working on it, i will go to eclectus section and ask some advice :)

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your new companion, Eclectus make such great pets with the right care and affection. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with him! We are a warm and open community and there are many eclectus owners that will be happy to help with anything you need.

OP
D

dobytimothy

Jan 16, 2018
Indonesia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your new companion, Eclectus make such great pets with the right care and affection. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with him! We are a warm and open community and there are many eclectus owners that will be happy to help with anything you need.

Thank you!!
i'm amazed how very welcome you guys to a new member.. so excited to be a part of this forum :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Welcome. Your little guy is super cute! Still very much has that baby look to him:)

Eclectus are the most diet sensitive parrots and many health issues the species is prone to can be entirely prevented with proper diet. Lacking access to an avian vet due to your location, please be sure to post any diet related questions to get clarification from the many experience eclectus owners on the forum so you get him started on a proper diet as young as possible.

OP
D

dobytimothy

Jan 16, 2018
Indonesia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
Welcome. Your little guy is super cute! Still very much has that baby look to him:)

Eclectus are the most diet sensitive parrots and many health issues the species is prone to can be entirely prevented with proper diet. Lacking access to an avian vet due to your location, please be sure to post any diet related questions to get clarification from the many experience eclectus owners on the forum so you get him started on a proper diet as young as possible.

Thank you !! Really appreciate your advice.
I will start posting in eclectus section soon, im still not sure where to start and how to compose my post so its easier for people to read and understand. I have too many questions.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
OP
D

dobytimothy

Jan 16, 2018
Indonesia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
Welcome to you and Miko! He looks quite young, wishing you both a long and happy life together! Your English is very good, do not hesitate to post your questions!

I recommend you read this thread as it will help stimulate some questions: http://www.parrotforums.com/eclectus/52737-so-you-think-you-want-eclectus.html

thank you!
i did read that post a few days after i got miko, before i register to this forum. One of the post that made me sure i go to the right forum to get info about eclectus :D

Welcome. I'm glad you're here!

thank you :):):):)

Most Reactions