New member from Montana !!!!

OP
Reef Aquarist

Reef Aquarist

Dec 31, 2021
Libby, Montana
Parrots
None yet
Went ahead and ordered this cage. It fit my budget better.

—Mitch.

E5049D9F-C429-4309-AC51-7B1CBC5457B9.png

OP
Reef Aquarist

Reef Aquarist

Dec 31, 2021
Libby, Montana
Parrots
None yet
excellent cage!
i see alot of members using it
@Tikitiel funny thing or very annoying I should say. I was checking the UPS shipment tracking with this cage and it showed as delivered but it wasn't at my house or the folks. I left for town for the UPS depot to find out where my cage was. As I reached the entrance of the driveway I caught a large flat box sitting in the snow close to the mailboxes. This is the second time UPS wouldn't come down the driveway to deliver. It wouldn't have been so annoying if they at least contacted me through my non-business account with them or notified me somehow!

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
@Tikitiel funny thing or very annoying I should say. I was checking the UPS shipment tracking with this cage and it showed as delivered but it wasn't at my house or the folks. I left for town for the UPS depot to find out where my cage was. As I reached the entrance of the driveway I caught a large flat box sitting in the snow close to the mailboxes. This is the second time UPS wouldn't come down the driveway to deliver. It wouldn't have been so annoying if they at least contacted me through my non-business account with them or notified me somehow!
Terrible..
Is the cage still in good shape?

OP
Reef Aquarist

Reef Aquarist

Dec 31, 2021
Libby, Montana
Parrots
None yet
I’ve been painting in my house and general cleaning. Here’s the cage in its box and a mock up of where I might put it.

—Mitch.

D00CBE1A-FA39-4DB5-88DA-07657D4D58C1.jpeg

5C9A1A1A-A58C-434E-83E8-6255FEF9773A.jpeg

Ramble

Jul 4, 2019
Now in the beautiful Midwest!
Parrots
Bertie, the feisty, 17-yr-old, road-trippin’, green cheek conure
Nice cage! I’m looking into the same one for Green Cheek Conure, Bertie. She has the smaller conure cage, but is out many hours a day. I still want to upgrade her though because, well, Bertie! I recently moved to Chicago and we had to downsize a lot of things.
I also second a GCC…and a rescue! I got Bertie from Craigslist as a 15 year old parrot, when then previous owner moved And his mom couldn’t give her the attention she needed. She’s bald on her chest from feather plucking, but otherwise healthy.
Parrotlets are also a tiny bird option. I was thinking I’d like to find a pair of kakariki when I have more time and money to dedicate to extra birds. Let us know what you choose!

OP
Reef Aquarist

Reef Aquarist

Dec 31, 2021
Libby, Montana
Parrots
None yet
Hi all it’s been two weeks or more since my last post. Six days from today is my move in day !!!! I still don’t have a parrot acquisition plan or choice of bird(s). I definitely need to do some research but I’ve been busy. However I visited Petco and looked over their parrot supplies and livestock. They only had parakeets with a sign below the cage “All parakeets with clipped wings.” What’s the consensus on this? It seems really cruel. Can the feathers grow back and if so how long does it take? A lot of people are recommending a GCC rescue. I will start looking over CL for possibilities. I purchased some parrot supplies on Amazon and received some today with more coming soon. I will post details and when I have it all together.
F3A1C1A7-5DCB-4A21-AEF0-601F5C7381C8.jpeg

Ramble

Jul 4, 2019
Now in the beautiful Midwest!
Parrots
Bertie, the feisty, 17-yr-old, road-trippin’, green cheek conure
As far as the clipped wings, the feathers will regrow. I’m personally a fan of leaving the wings natural. I figure it’s a really neat skill that they can fly (and I might be a wee bit jealous of Bertie for that!). Just my personal opinion, but if a person wants something that doesnt fly, they might consider a hamster instead….
GCC are great! I love mine :gcc: Budgies are also a lot of fun and makes the cutest sounds!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Policy in pet stores because of escape. Budgies can usually still fly decent with clipped wings. They will molt in new ones.

I hate the practice of clipping everything, and then new owners think that's what you should do.

At least they have a clean cage and perches. I've seen them in a cage with no perches and pretty darn dirty.

OP
Reef Aquarist

Reef Aquarist

Dec 31, 2021
Libby, Montana
Parrots
None yet
Thanks @Ramble and @Laurasea for the replies. I found this group on FB. Sunrise Parrot Rescue of Spokane (Washington). Hyperlink text looks foreign but site is in English! Don't know why:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Well how wonderful that you are considered a rescue!!

Has one caught your eye??

Most Reactions

Latest posts