New Member with a question

OP
Abdull

Abdull

May 31, 2023
Parrots
Plum-Head
Hi Abdul,

You certainly received a lot of good info here. I will just add this - parrots like variety, so too in their toys. I would have 1 of a few different type of toys for him to try. 1 essentially wood one, 1 basket type toy, 1 paper based one, 1 clanky metal type (like small measuring spoons) , 1 small tubular bell type, 1 sisial type material toy and so forth. Get as many different types as you can. Because they are smart parrots need that variety. My own little Amazon goes thru changes in his favorite ones, right now he loves basket type and paper ones, but he will sometimes spend an hour fighting with his tubular bell toy. For a paper toy, a roll of cash register paper is great - just make sure its not the heat printing type, just plain old paper.
Thank you for these suggestions, will give it ago :)

Birdof2

May 28, 2023
Parrots
Nanday conure
Green cheek conure
Hello this is Lucy,
Just rescued this 2 yr old girl from Craigslist, she is missing her fingers on one foot, she was only fed seed, not much interaction with people, no out of the cage activity,
In a week in a half she is blossoming so proud of her.
Any advice on perches for the handicap birds?

Attachments

• IMG_3589.jpeg
    IMG_3589.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 24

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hello this is Lucy,
Just rescued this 2 yr old girl from Craigslist, she is missing her fingers on one foot, she was only fed seed, not much interaction with people, no out of the cage activity,
In a week in a half she is blossoming so proud of her.
Any advice on perches for the handicap birds?
Hey there!

I recommend making your own thread about your nanday so that you might receive answers.
I also recommend you read through our special needs sub-forum here:

Most Reactions