New Mommy?

Tally

Sep 14, 2015
My little girl has been sleeping a lot today but she's also eating like there's no tomorrow. Could she be ready to be a new mom? If not I'll take her to the bird vet tomorrow. First time with one of my babies not acting right and I'm nervous.:blue2:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I am grateful that my boy is a boy... it must be so stressful for you AND HER, to deal with eggs and all of that.

I'm glad you're here. We're with you!

OP
T

Tally

Sep 14, 2015
Yes she does share her home with a boy. Oh gee I'm going to be a grandma. What do I need to do to prepare her?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

GloryCK

Jun 13, 2016
planet earth
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Peridot hatch date 4-21-16. nine budgies
Awesome! That's so exciting, the first thing you will need to do is get a nest box, any pet store will have one, and another thing you want to make sure of is that she is getting plenty of calcium, I give my budgies mineral block and cuttlebone, and there's other things you can do, and they need lots of fresh veggies and fruits. And then RESEARCH a lot. Good luck to you and your new babies!

OP
T

Tally

Sep 14, 2015
She, Louise, loves her cuttle bone, has a calcium beak block, receives supplements and every day she get fresh fruit and veggies. She should be a healthy mom. She also is molting like crazy. Is that part of becoming a mom?:blue2:

Most Reactions