New person with new birds!

Cappy

Mar 3, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
CAG- Dalia, Cockatiel- Birdsie
Hello everyone!

I just picked up my birds today - a 7 year old CAG named Dalia and a cockatiel of unknown age named Birdsie. I adopted them from a very nice lady who was moving and couldn't bring them with.

I read through a lot of posts here in preparation for bringing them into my home (not that I feel any more prepared...I'm super nervous!), and I saw a lot of great ideas and recipes and just loved the community in general, so I thought I'd join in!

Once the birds calm down and settle in, I'll post some pictures. I look forward to talking with and learning from all of you! :)

Mimsy01

Jul 7, 2014
Parrots
GCC-Foofany
European Starling-Zeki
BCC-Ellie House Sparrow-Napolean Parakeet-Bean
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your fids.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Welcome here. So happy to hear you adopted two birds in need. They're fortunate that they have someone so diligent about seeking out the best care for them. My heart does ache for them losing their home, though. Birds grieve the loss of their known and familiar. I'm glad they got to stay together. Looking forward to those pictures.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there, Cappy, Dalia, and Birdsie, and welcome to the forums. :)

Please, don't be nervous. It'll be all right! THANK YOU for giving those sweeties a new home! :)

Looking forward to reading of your adventures together!

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Pictures..... Where are the pictures :p haha welcome to the forum!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
A big welcome to you all, please shout if you need to know anything.

We are all pleased to help out here.

Good luck with your new fids.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome, welcome, Cappie, Dahlia, and Birdsie! Thank you for offering a home to two great birds. It's perfectly okay to be nervous at first, it will pass, before you know it, they'll fit right into your home and your heart.

OP
C

Cappy

Mar 3, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
CAG- Dalia, Cockatiel- Birdsie
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Yesterday ended up being rather stressful for everyone involved. Dalia got spooked, got out of her cage, and flew down the stairs (I think I'm going to look into some flight training. She isn't the best flier). After a somewhat frantic call to her previous caretaker, I managed to get her onto a perch and back into her cage. The only thing injured in the ordeal was my confidence, but I'll be ok.

This morning was much better. I spoon fed her some breakfast, and she was chirping and squeaking and shushing me like a champ!

Little Birdsie is a scaredybird, though. I'm going to have to work on that, because he's a very good flier and is used to being out of his cage. And having him hand tame will make it a lot easier to teach him that things other than seeds are also yummy food.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. I'm off to look up some more info! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts