Not a very great toy.

Kitty16

Jun 10, 2022
US, Indiana
Parrots
2 Blue Budgies, the female is Skittle and the male is Milo.
One of my budgies just got it’s foot stuck in a toy, this is the first time it has happened and I’m not sure if I want to keep the toy in the cage because it could happen while I’m sleeping, it looked like she was trying to bite her foot off so I’m glad we were able to help her get unstuck, luckily I was there as soon as it happened so no damage was done, here’s a picture of the toy, what do you guys think?
image.jpg

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I think budgies can find a way to kill themselves on any toy you give them. They're just a little too curious, and get bored quite easily. Not trying to be discouraging, budgie's playfulness and curiosity make them very fun little guys to have around!

As for the toy, I suggest removing it for now, the budgie is probably scared of it after the incident. I think the toy would be fine with supervision, maybe use it as an out-of-cage toy?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I think budgies can find a way to kill themselves on any toy you give them. They're just a little too curious, and get bored quite easily. Not trying to be discouraging, budgie's playfulness and curiosity make them very fun little guys to have around!

As for the toy, I suggest removing it for now, the budgie is probably scared of it after the incident. I think the toy would be fine with supervision, maybe use it as an out-of-cage toy?
Outside of cage tpy sounds like a good idea :)

Most Reactions