LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh, fun! This is Myka, my 12yr old YNA. He's been my constant companion since he was 2 months old. I have cancer: he has been SO gentle and patient with me as I go through treatment. He knows I'm not well. He's accepting other people's attention which is really unusual for him. I adore my boi.

An official entry. 😀

myka-got-trimmed-jpg.32249

I do believe these miraculous creatures understand when we are unwell – what a beautiful heart connection you two share, and I can only imagine what an enormous comfort that must be for you at such a challenging time. Thank you MykaMom and Myka for your touching submission, I adore your boi too ❤️

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Oh, fun! This is Myka, my 12yr old YNA. He's been my constant companion since he was 2 months old. I have cancer: he has been SO gentle and patient with me as I go through treatment. He knows I'm not well. He's accepting other people's attention which is really unusual for him. I adore my boi.

An official entry. 😀
Gorgeous Myka bestowing you with healing, loving energy. May your treatment be successful and comfortable as possible.

BombsAway

Feb 4, 2021
Media
Canal Fulton, OH
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon - Bomber
Red-lored Amazon - Tippy
Umbrella Cockatoo - Cocoapuff
Green Cheek Conure - Henry
Wow everyone, there are so many great submissions! Here’s one of my favorite photos I took of my youngest son and his “birdy brother” soon after we brought him home in may. We quickly found the two of them learning from each other. Our birdy boy Mummer actually has been learning to speak with our son (he does his voice so well sometimes I can’t tell which one is speaking and have to ask). Our youngest son has a speech delay and has been in therapy for awhile now , and getting him to practice the words the therapist gives him each week has been a challenge but he seems like he is excited to practice speech with Mummer every day. Mummer loves to hang out on his stand and the two of them talk back and forth. I had seen videos about people growing up with parrots from a young age and how they learn from each other but seeing it for myself has been an amazing thing to witness.
This is awesome, so friggin cute and wonderful for both a boy and his birdy brother. I know my Amazon loves to talk back and forth to me. This is a beautiful relationship that is only going to grow.

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
This is Paisley. A month ago, she was not stepping up, not comfortable being near me, and hissing at my hand when I approached her. In the past three weeks something magical has happened – and now, Paisley is a sweet and loving companion who wants to be near me all the time 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1598 (2).JPG
    IMG_1598 (2).JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1607.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 137

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Wow everyone, there are so many great submissions! Here’s one of my favorite photos I took of my youngest son and his “birdy brother” soon after we brought him home in may. We quickly found the two of them learning from each other. Our birdy boy Mummer actually has been learning to speak with our son (he does his voice so well sometimes I can’t tell which one is speaking and have to ask). Our youngest son has a speech delay and has been in therapy for awhile now , and getting him to practice the words the therapist gives him each week has been a challenge but he seems like he is excited to practice speech with Mummer every day. Mummer loves to hang out on his stand and the two of them talk back and forth. I had seen videos about people growing up with parrots from a young age and how they learn from each other but seeing it for myself has been an amazing thing to witness.
This is so cute! 🥰

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
This is Paisley. A month ago, she was not stepping up, not comfortable being near me, and hissing at my hand when I approached her. In the past three weeks something magical has happened – and now, Paisley is a sweet and loving companion who wants to be near me all the time 🥰
Farnoosh, my dear friend, thank you for sharing these pics of you and precious Paisley, they are absolutely beautiful and I am so happy for the two of you - your pics are making me tear up over here! Don't forget to nominate which one you'd like as your "official" entry, will you? Unless you've got an even more gorgeous one that you are hiding up your sleeve! ❤️

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Beautiful, responsive Paisley senses your soul and wisely chose you! What an expeditious arc from fear to loving bond!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

image-jpg.32243

Hi steveandbecky and Mango! Very sorry I didn't notice your adorable entry sooner - it seems that it was inadvertently popped into a thread of it's own a few days ago so I've just moved it here to the official Contest thread for you :) Thank you so much for entering this lovely pic of your sweet companion Mango, such a beautiful baby!

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Soo many beautiful entries.

My current birds are each other’s companions, unfortunately they don’t see me as anything more than ‘bringer of food’ :ROFLMAO: But nevertheless they make me happy.
Anyway..Here we have a photo of 2 best friends. Cosmo and Wattle ..
C8FBD69B-84B9-4005-BF21-55960012C457.jpeg

And here is some of the flock having a meeting over some Kale on the sun deck. Birdo companionship!
E54B092B-E4CD-471C-B2B5-03C5E11B4065.jpeg

My entries are just for fun :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

My current birds are each other’s companions, unfortunately they don’t see me as anything more than ‘bringer of food’ :ROFLMAO: But nevertheless they make me happy.
View attachment 32308

And here is some of the flock having a meeting over some Kale on the sun deck. Birdo companionship!
View attachment 32307

Oh and what fun they are too, Hannah! Thank you for these sweet pics! Cosmo and Wattle sure look like they're engaging in some high-level confidential budgie dialogue :) Absolutely no reason why one of these, or perhaps another of your precious birdo companion pics can't be an official entry, just sayin' ;)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

image-jpg.32243

Hi steveandbecky and Mango! Very sorry I didn't notice your adorable entry sooner - it seems that it was inadvertently popped into a thread of it's own a few days ago so I've just moved it here to the official Contest thread for you :) Thank you so much for entering this lovely pic of your sweet companion Mango, such is a beautiful baby!
Mango has the look of gratitude for array of toys and climbing apparatus!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

View attachment 32308

View attachment 32307

Oh Hannah, your gorgeous birdies may not show appreciation but they are living examples of your big-hearted love, compassion, and care on daily basis!!

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Beautiful, responsive Paisley senses your soul and wisely chose you! What an expeditious arc from fear to loving bond!!
awww thank you so much Scott for your heartwarming words and your never ending support 🙏 🌷

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon, 2 Cockatiels and 2 Budgies
Farnoosh,
Paisley is so beautiful and it’s amazing she has taken to you so soon to the point she lets you kiss her and cuddles! It is magical when you finally earn their trust and they bond with you. I feel sometimes like with the two we got as babies that needed to be handfed we missed that same kind of feeling you get when you have to really work to gain their trust. It feels like a different kind of relationship closer to deep friendship than the parental type of bond you have when they are totally dependent babies and you get them. One of our cockatiels who we’ve had for almost two years only just recently let me touch his head and I had tears in my eyes when it finally happened. He still hisses at me when I go to change his food and water but comes over when I ask him to and loves to sing to me through the cage, but as soon as I open the cage he’s hissing again. Hopefully one day he will finally trust me as Paisley does with you!
These are great pictures showing the bond you both have!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
She's so cute! Now that's what I call a great relationship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts