May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
We are the constant companions of two parrots.

One sweetie bird :green1: named Primor.

And one big bird :blue1: named Moxi.

Primor is an eight year old Red Lored Amazon given to us by someone one year ago. Moxi is a twenty year young Blue and Gold Macaw given to us by another someone just a few weeks later. We were not seeking to become bird owners so we had no idea of what we were getting ourselves into.
Primor was clipped & caged 24/7 and only ever handled with a glove. Moxi lived for twenty years on a single perch play stand between his water bowl and his food bowl, he never had a cage, was never clipped and also not hand tame.

In one year’s time with the help of this forum, other online resources and numerous books our "fine feathered friends" have trained us to give them the captive life that they deserve. In return they have enriched our lives and have given to both of us equally their trust.
Thank you for letting us share.

Moxi (Big Bird)
View attachment 14334 View attachment 14335

Primor (Sweetie Bird)
primor 2.jpg primor on hand.jpg

Last edited:
A very warm welcome to the forums, and THANK YOU so much for giving both gorgeous Moxie and Primor the loving and caring home they so both deserve! :)

I had chills going up and down my spine while reading your introduction!

Moxie and Primor are so lucky you came into their lives! Thank you for sharing your story.

Welcome to the forum! Thank You for the very touching intro and Thank You for giving Primor and Moxi a wonderful home. Primor and Moxi are just beautiful! I'm so glad you joined us.

Welcome to the forum. What beautiful and lucky birds!

That is cool. Birds can change and sometimes grow close new new owners. I remember seeing a video on youtube about an Umbrella cockatoo that was 80 years so and went though two owners.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back