Ozzie is a good boy today! ; )

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
So today, my friend came to visit me. She have a 8 year old daughter who loves animals, and was begging me to see Ozzie. I don't really let Ozzie to be near children, because his beak can do some real damage, and he usually doesn't love strangers to touch him. But since he was in a super good mood today, so I let her to handle him. Ozzie was being a super good boy and was cuddling her! I was pretty surprised that Ozzie did not show any sign of aggression! He would let her touch him all over! Even under his wings which he doesn't usually likes to be touched! He even laid on his back while he made kissing sound! :09: What a strange little boy! Have no idea what's going on in his little head!

I now think it's an alexandrine thing, since I have heard lots of alex that loves people! :D

And is anyone's parrot is like that? :) Doesn't love strangers but is very gentle to children?

Sorry that I did not take any photos of Ozzie cuddling, I lost my iPhone and my iPad's camera is really bad. Sorry about that.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ozzie sure is a good boy.
Glad he behaved, especially for the little girls sake.
Lovely that he let a stranger cuddle him.

Mishka also loves the attention from strangers, they can do whatever they like with him BUT let my sons try.....it is quite frightening.
Thanks for sharing

000203FC.gif

OP
LoveMyParrots

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
Ozzie sure is a good boy.
Glad he behaved, especially for the little girls sake.
Lovely that he let a stranger cuddle him.

Mishka also loves the attention from strangers, they can do whatever they like with him BUT let my sons try.....it is quite frightening.
Thanks for sharing

000203FC.gif

Not sure if Ozzie is always a good boy....lol! :D I am very happy with Ozzie, and now he got 2 nuts for reward! Hehehe! :D

Of cause, I knew Mishka would behavior well! Who doesn't love Mishka!? ;)

Most Reactions