ParrotForums.com Site Upgrade!

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Wow! This is fantastic! And much needed.
I’m also a long time member of a guinea pig forum. Many of us users donate yearly to help keep the forum running with up to date software. It’s very easy and user friendly. So I must admit, I always found this forum very out-dated and a lot of effort to use.
Now it looks fancy and friendly! I haven’t even explored it yet but I know I’ll like it.
Thank you mods for all your hard work. Much appreciated!

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
Ever since the update I can't access on Tapatalk anymore. What gives???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-155402.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819-155402.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 145

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ever since the update I can't access on Tapatalk anymore. What gives???
I had the same question, since I used Tapatalk extensively. Admin tells us that for various reasons, the new platform is not compatible with Tapatalk. Sorry I don't have better news on that.

4Nines

Administrator
Apr 6, 2009
The new software we are now running is mobile friendly and you don't need a separate app to view or post on the site from your mobile device. Whereas the old software wasn't and we needed an add-on such as Tapatalk. We also didn't like the fact that Tapatalk tracks our members and we couldn't control the amount of information they gathered in the process. With the new software, there is no middle person or technology that would open us up for security issues.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
The new software we are now running is mobile friendly and you don't need a separate app to view or post on the site from your mobile device. Whereas the old software wasn't and we needed an add-on such as Tapatalk. We also didn't like the fact that Tapatalk tracks our members and we couldn't control the amount of information they gathered in the process. With the new software, there is no middle person or technology that would open us up for security issues.
Thank you for providing that explanation, that is most helpful! :D

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thank you for telling us. Still bugs to be worked out in the new system, it appears.

OP
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
hi, I dont think I'm suppose to have this. I can access both areas as if I were a mod

Hi Owlet, thanks for letting us know about that. After doing some research, it appears you were once a forum moderator of a section that is no longer active "Curious Nests". That's why you would see that mod control panel.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
still loving the updated site however I've noticed one thing that I use to rely heavily on is missing. Is there any way we can get the "preview post" option back so if we use formatting we can see how the post looks before posting?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Great question, and I just found out myself. Preview button is still there, just not as obvious. It's the button on the top right that looks like a sheet of paper with a magnifying glass. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts