Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Today's pic
My pretty Penny
laurasea-albums-penny-picture23143-20210208-084440.jpg

Penny woke me with her morning screaming, my month and half of sleeping in is probably over.. but I'm so happy to have her ,morning screaming and all. She is sitting on my shoulder right now, all lovey. So the mess, the destruction of valuables, the noise, balances out by the love.

Its azithromyacin day. And I will check Ta-dah s weight later. ( can't catch) im ready to see another weight gain! Tadah is my green cheek, and the last hold out on recovery from flock chlamydia outbreak. Closeing in on 30 days of azithromyacin treatment. Due to issues on getting antibiotics in her and maybe dose levels. She should weigh 74 grams, I know, cuz that what she weighs for years....Can't stress enough weigh your bird weekly.
Edit: weight held at 70 grams.
Syringed some baby bird food, then meds, I really want to know that she get the dose! Should have mixed meds in food too...But no! VOMIT it all up....sigh....so I have to mix in something again later...but its getting harder to get her take that way.
Once my girl knows she has had medication and been weighed, its safe for cuddles. She is so smart. I was stroking her little green cheek here.

laurasea-albums-ta-dah-picture23149-20210208-113025.jpg

This morning, romaine, carrots, celery, and oatmeal. Orbit loves romaine, or any of the lettuces so much! Always grabs a leaf out of the dish so he can chow. This afternoon will be bell pepper, zucchini, cauliflower, and cooked beans. .
laurasea-albums-obi-picture23145-20210208-094831.jpg

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I’m sure that your Penny Scream Alarm Clock was one of the best sounds you’ve heard since she got sick.

Did you ever ever confirm chlamydia, or is it just the only logical conclusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I’m sure that your Penny Scream Alarm Clock was one of the best sounds you’ve heard since she got sick.

Did you ever ever confirm chlamydia, or is it just the only logical conclusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOO HOOOO!!!

Ugh-- I know they are awful and wonderful, but when they are off/sick/gone, it's downright eerie.

Noodles and Orbit both love the same things, fyi (at least, 90% of lettuce and oatmeal :) )ha!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Chlamydia is difficult to test for, I have a bunch of links to information on that throughout this thread.
My very experienced avain vet feels it's what fits with time-line, symptoms, protracted illness. That I added Blue Boy, the escapee who was using a birdbath for water, ( so exposed, and incubating) , his treatment for cat bite also treats chlamydia, but he didn't get the extended treatment needed to clear chlamydia, became a shedder . He is also the only one with zero weight-loss or symptoms , while the other budgies wound up loosing 10% ...

I want to go looking for the lost Cockatiel near me.....but its a very stormy morning...:(
Darn it!!!

This morning Penny's screaming woke me again. I felt she was healed for a while, but my vet said it would take a couple more weeks for her to be 100%
She was right again!
Because its been a couple of weeks and now back to normal morning screaming...yeah, but bummer, was hopeful there would be a permanent drop of morning screaming!

TADAH,
not happy with how poop looks. Giving some yogurt today for sure. It last day of treatment!!!!!!!! We hope!!!!!!
But She is not recovered completely...and I stress. She took a bath, then had wing drooping, and weakness....

Glad Noodles loves her leafy greens! They are so good for them! Parrots do love them! Not enough people are offering them! Everyone gets hung up on fruit, but leafy greens and veggies are usually all higher in vitamins and nutrients!!!
laurasea-albums-quaker-picture20438-img-20180830-124142013-2.jpg

Penny 104 grams
Ta-dah 69 grams ( down 1) ,( 74 normally)
Orbit 93 grams
Pikachu 111 grams

Just took this , lot of my flock i. It. I would like to make this mess look better to my human eyes. But they do enjoy climbing
laurasea-albums-quaker-picture23152-20210209-110233.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ta-dah back at 70, still waiting for 74.
Trying to have her poop so I can see if better after yogurt.

Vet is waiting fir poop pic too. Then we decide if Ta-dah need more azithromyacin, or if its time to stop. And/ or if its time for antifungal as this has been a very prolonged antibiotic treatment. And this can lead to imbalance and yeast overgrowth, or other fungal infections.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It is one of the reasons that I love a vocal Amazon! Aaaa, that statement of health! All those Threads complaining about their screaming Parrots... If they only knew the joyfulness others take away from those screams! :D

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Yes Penny screaming woke me once again. She is holding at 105

Ta-dah poop was a little better. We are going to stop treatment and watch closely, specifically asked to keep weighing daily.

While I was waiting.....Pikachu sneezed a few times. So I grabbed him and can see some swelling by his left eye and going to the left nostril, and the skin is reddish over tge area..and discharge...what the heck?! A relapse?! Just some goober? But swelling is not normal.....
. So I flushed both sinus . Vet and I will go day by day with him as well.... it is common to have relapse with Chlamydia is a nasty bug that difficult to get rid of...im not happy..... this has been a long battle.....and one of the draw backs of having multiple birds.
His weight is up to 112, which is great and close to his all time high of 115.n

n6w9Zt4.jpg

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Darn it Pika, and that's such a cute photo too! I’m so sorry you seem to have hit another bump in this long road, Laura. Keep on hangin’ in there! :40::smile015::smile046:

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
That yogurt works! Be a believer!
Tadah up 2 to 72 grams!!!!!! Woot woot!!!!! Almost at her normal of 74!!!!!

Pikachu up 1 to 113!! Almost back to 115!!!
Eye swelling seems less after sinus flush Fingers crossed.

Pikachu spent 2 years trying to make Penny his girl! He stayed calm when she ranted, and chased him away..but he is now able to kiss her. ( and regurgitation) pennyvwill also regurgitat to Cloudy, and so does Tadah...my vet said flocks and freind regurgitation is just family bonds nit always about breeding.
laurasea-albums-penny-picture23147-20210208-112142.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I will be back promoting yogurt from my personal experiences. Yippie poops so much better and up 1 gram almost back at 74!!!!
Ta-dah 73!!!!!!!!! As you know has been such a battle getting Tadah well abd to gain back that 9 grams she lost while sick

Pikachu 114!!!!!!! I guess his last weight before being sick at 115 was his true weight

Pikachu swelling between eye and nostril is gone as is the redness. Still has periorbital swelling, will take pic if it later. Sinus flush seems to have helped may do one more
This is the swelling, it had gone away and is now back
laurasea-albums-pikachu-picture23178-20210212-124511-2.jpg

On Monday he had no swelling. This is Monday
laurasea-albums-penny-picture23148-20210208-112130.jpg

This was Wednesday. Had sneezing, discharge, and swelling from eye to nostril with red skin over the swelling . But periorbital swelling was less than today
laurasea-albums-pikachu-picture23179-20210210-110914.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
One of the most promising group updates yet!

Its half n half. Great for Ta-dah! Not so great fir Pikachu and his return of sinus swelling...
I know you posted before I edited and added sinus stuff...

We getting there....just the unexpected set back with Pikachu

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yay for Ta-dah, that's my little princess!! Now Pikachu don't you go worrying your mama no more, or I WILL come over there and kick your cute little yellow feathery butt! :mad:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I am very glad to read of the improvement in Tad Dah! Your flock is so lucky in their mama and no one could care more for them, except maybe your friends here on ParrotForums We are rooting for any and all of our members when their fids are not 100%. Knowing they are improving mostly is a fine birthday present for me. Thanks!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ta-dah held at 73
Pikachu held at 114
I have meds called into pharmacy, but we are still holding off on starting him back.

Orbit learned to say peekaboo , so cute

Not happy with level of periorbital swelling...ugh

On the other eye he has tiny amount of swelling but its prettu normal for comparisons

25829d1613251846-penny-sick-i-ve-been-holding-back-making-thread-20210213_162704-2.jpg

25830d1613252160-penny-sick-i-ve-been-holding-back-making-thread-20210213_163246.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Here is normal Penny
laurasea-albums-penny-picture23182-20210213-164425.jpg

Normal Orbit

laurasea-albums-obi-picture23184-20210213-171323.jpg

Here is abnormal Pikachu, the swelling is likely due to periorbital sinus. In person is more noticeable
laurasea-albums-penny-picture23183-20210213-162704.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Pikachu down 2 to 112....inching closer to being put back on meds, still has sinus swelling. Put radiant heat panel on him today, i use rge sweeter heater.
Penny up 1 to 106 ( this is 6 grsms higher than ever before, but if I go by feel se still has room to gain) doing fantastic.
Ta-dah held 73
So happy she seems recovered at last !! I can tell she looks better and filled out again. Feels normal as she should 74 is her normal.
laurasea-albums-ta-dah-picture23185-20210213-174902.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I never thought it would take this long!+
And I thought once Ta-dah was on the mend that would be the end....so bummed that my sweet Pikachu is maybe relapsing

Most Reactions

Latest posts