Perches

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I really recommend getting those nail-trimming perches... they can eliminate nail-trimming, which was always so stressful for me and the Rb. It took a few years, but I eventually established a pattern/rotation that keeps him trimmed. I haven't had to do his nails in 20-plus years. I keep a dowel as the main "highway" down the middle of the cage, but the special cement/trimmer/textured perches are all over.
A few brands... but there are many: Polly's Sand Walk... Pumice Perch... Trimmer Perch...
Be sure to introduce them gradually: they're abrasive to their tender feet at first. I LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
K

KO92

Feb 7, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Parrots
Military Macaw
Okay thank you . I had read so many mixed reviews and was looking for perches and will add one to my order and try it out .

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hidden away in the Amazon Forum in the First Thread: I Love Amazons - ... highlighted in Light Blue is a Post: on page 3, Getting to the Foot of the Problem. That segment addresses the correct sizing of perches and following that Segment is a couple of pictures that show a MAC on a proper sized perch. NOTE: The picture presents what a Parrots foot should look like when roosting. Size the perch's diameter for your Parrot can be then viewed as a comparison as to whether the perching that you have is to small.

OP
K

KO92

Feb 7, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Parrots
Military Macaw
I haven't ordered any yet . Everything ive read says to get the largest diameter perch for macaws

Most Reactions