Pet Budgie is Quiet

BCStiglitz

Apr 13, 2020
Hi! My name is Benjamin and more importantly, I have a budgie named Delta. I’ve had Delta for 3 months and she’s always been close to me. I got her perched on my finger in the first week of having her and she’s never had anything bad happen to her. I got her with my college roommate at the time with his parakeet named Tic Tac. They seemed to get along, but Delta would do stuff like push Tic Tac off of the perch, or simply just not let Tic Tac onto the perch. Eventually though, we had to separate them for spring break, which now has turned into forever since the semester has been cancelled and I’m not rooming with him next year.
Tl:dr Delta has had a friend and didn’t really seem to enjoy him.

Since I’ve been home alone with her, she’s adjusted nicely to her new environment. I’ve given her new toys and a bunch of other stuff to play with and have tried to give her more attention through out the day than I did before, but she still seems quiet. She was quiet when she was with Tic Tac and is quiet now. She jumps on finger perfectly fine. She’ll chirp if I sing to her, but other times she won’t. She chirps some when playing with her toys. But not all the time. She’s not puffed up and she is active. I can’t tell if she’s lonely or if she’s just a rare quiet bird. I honestly just want what’s best for her and I can’t help but worry she’s not okay. She’s my first bird, so sorry if all of this isn’t necessary.

Also, I’ve been having insomnia the last week or so, can an irregular sleep schedule mess with a bird?

Thank you!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I don’t know much about budgies, but this will at least bump your question up so someone can help you.

I do know that a regular sleep schedule is important for all parrots, so if possible, keep your insomnia a secret from her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
Hi! My name is Benjamin and more importantly, I have a budgie named Delta. I’ve had Delta for 3 months and she’s always been close to me. I got her perched on my finger in the first week of having her and she’s never had anything bad happen to her. I got her with my college roommate at the time with his parakeet named Tic Tac. They seemed to get along, but Delta would do stuff like push Tic Tac off of the perch, or simply just not let Tic Tac onto the perch. Eventually though, we had to separate them for spring break, which now has turned into forever since the semester has been cancelled and I’m not rooming with him next year.
Tl:dr Delta has had a friend and didn’t really seem to enjoy him.

Since I’ve been home alone with her, she’s adjusted nicely to her new environment. I’ve given her new toys and a bunch of other stuff to play with and have tried to give her more attention through out the day than I did before, but she still seems quiet. She was quiet when she was with Tic Tac and is quiet now. She jumps on finger perfectly fine. She’ll chirp if I sing to her, but other times she won’t. She chirps some when playing with her toys. But not all the time. She’s not puffed up and she is active. I can’t tell if she’s lonely or if she’s just a rare quiet bird. I honestly just want what’s best for her and I can’t help but worry she’s not okay. She’s my first bird, so sorry if all of this isn’t necessary.

Also, I’ve been having insomnia the last week or so, can an irregular sleep schedule mess with a bird?

Thank you!

first of all budgies need to have enough nappy time also budgies are social birds i own 12 budgies my self and i also have a bird named kusu she doesnt like to hang with the rest of the flock instead she likes to only interract with me that is posibble not every budgie is the same but they need a companion in theyre life since they are very social birdies

Most Reactions

Latest posts