Status
Not open for further replies.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I think this counts as a JustForFun, since it's a painting, not a drawing...

I have a little eBay gallery where I paint portraits. Here's one of my Rickeybird.

ebay rb.png

Last edited:

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Its amazing but when are you going to do an official entry?

Last edited:

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
You are so right i miss kiwi and hope a lot! i am not good at drawing but i will ask a artists to paint kiwi and hope so they can stay beside me and to be close to me..........................

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is JFF because it isn't my artwork, Gail painted this for me a few years back and I love it too much not to share:)

phoeeternal.jpg

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
This is JFF because it isn't my artwork, Gail painted this for me a few years back and I love it too much not to share:)

View attachment 38840
This is incredible! Fly high Phoe ❀️
But Terry, you know, I would love to see your own art! Do you have any?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is incredible! Fly high Phoe ❀️
But Terry, you know, I would love to see your own art! Do you have any?
Thank you so much for your kind words, I truly appreciate that.
Sadly, I have zero talent at creating art of any kind, I just enjoy looking at everyone else's:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm not sure exactly how Gail creates these. Mine is on a canvas and there is paint used as well and it looks even more incredible in person.
I'm going to get @GaleriaGila to explain her methods:)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Okie-dokie, here we go. A painting, not a drawing... hope that's alright.
Terry (our Mod, the very same) is an amazing toy-maker and vendor... she is absolutely a Bird-Whisperer in this regard.
Anyway, the Rb has always been notoriously bored with toys, BUTTT... Terry sent him a care package, years ago, and one of the toys was a wiffle ball whose holes were interlaced with "corn-rows" of beads. The Rb lost his mind over it and took it with him everywhere, the better to enjoy its charms. The toy had everything... colors, bounciness, portability), I was so touched that I made a painting with a detachable wiffle toy (a tiny s-hook on the backside of the toy).
I studied and re-created the toy, over the years! He still loves the design.
Funny thing, he HATES the painting, attacks it, bites it... I have to keep a close watch on it.
A long story, but here it is...

Rb no toy.png

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Okie-dokie, here we go. A painting, not a drawing... hope that's alright.
Terry (our Mod, the very same) is an amazing toy-maker and vendor... she is absolutely a Bird-Whisperer in this regard.
Anyway, the Rb has always been notoriously bored with toys, BUTTT... Terry sent him a care package, years ago, and one of the toys was a wiffle ball whose holes were interlaced with "corn-rows" of beads. The Rb lost his mind over it and took it with him everywhere, the better to enjoy its charms. The toy had everything... colors, bounciness, portability), I was so touched that I made a painting with a detachable wiffle toy (a tiny s-hook on the backside of the toy).
I studied and re-created the toy, over the years! He still loves the design.
Funny thing, he HATES the painting, attacks it, bites it... I have to keep a close watch on it.
A long story, but here it is...

View attachment 39309
Perfect entry, Gail, and you even included the Homewrecker! Hahaha

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
YES!
I named that toy THE HOMEWRECKER because the Rb loved its ... shall we say... "amorous companionship"... more than MINE!
Y'all know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
YES!
I named that toy THE HOMEWRECKER because the Rb loved its ... shall we say... "amorous companionship"... more than MINE!
Y'all know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!
Auntie Terry knew what would make Rb happy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts