Please help, need advice

Leesha

Apr 20, 2017
I have two lovebirds that I've owned since 2012. They live outside in an aviary and in the past few months have built a nest and had chicks. I haven't been interfering because I want to let nature take its course but I really need advice on what to do when the chicks fledge, do I need to separate them and when? Do I keep all the chicks in one enclosure together or do they each need to be in their own? I am not keeping the chicks as much as I would love to , I'm not selling them I just want them to go to a good home I'm not bothered about money. If anyone has any advice on what to do from the fledgling stage onwards I would really appreciate it! :rainbow1::rainbow1:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I have two lovebirds that I've owned since 2012. They live outside in an aviary and in the past few months have built a nest and had chicks. I haven't been interfering because I want to let nature take its course but I really need advice on what to do when the chicks fledge, do I need to separate them and when? Do I keep all the chicks in one enclosure together or do they each need to be in their own? I am not keeping the chicks as much as I would love to , I'm not selling them I just want them to go to a good home I'm not bothered about money. If anyone has any advice on what to do from the fledgling stage onwards I would really appreciate it! :rainbow1::rainbow1:

I am not going to comment on the morality of what you are doing.

Once they are fully fledged and up to the point that they are a full year old or not yet ready to create they own chicks they can be left with their parents. Clearly, they should not be released as pairs to someone that wants to do pretty much the same thing, as that would inbred and resulting in all the problems from such an occurrence.

If you're interest is to provide the Lovebirds to members of this Forum, you are going to have provide so level of information as to where in the Hugh World you are since Parrot Forums is a World Wide Organization.

I hope this helped.

Most Reactions