Pop up

OP
Flboy

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Remember, with an Apple device, if you disable JavaScript it will prevent the pop ups. But your pictures and text will be completely out of whack and you will not be able to play any videos embedded! On my iPad, I am able to get away using Google as my browser! Which I hate! The culprit, are the ads, many of them are offshore and have been infected!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
OP
Flboy

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
We are working to solve this! Please let us know if the pop-ups are still happening.

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
OMG admin! the holy of holies, the god of parrots! OMG! I sacrifice a conure to you! :gcc: (no I would never do that ever!)

no seriously guys/gals/parrots try "adblock plus" no malware, no addon stuff it was made by some guy probably just as P.O.ed as us on the net.

Its free, I don't work for them, I just recommend it, and you won't have to watch one or two commercials before every friggin youtube video.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
We are working to solve this! Please let us know if the pop-ups are still happening.

Sadly, it's been happening all morning. It just happened again as I was replying to you.
tami2-albums-misc-picture19611-img-1625-copy.jpg

Thank you for trying to fix this annoying interference.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hopefully the problem is solved, a huge thanks to everyone for your patience while they were getting it worked out. Also a huge thanks to Scott for all his hard work on getting to the bottom of this.
Fingers crossed the pop ups are gone for good.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm glad to hear the news - so far! Unfortunately internet spamming is a roving target. Coincidentally, I've had a rough day with pop-ups on a different site via iPhone but not PC.

NightEule5

Apr 4, 2017
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Phillip - Green Cheek Conure (RIP)
I haven't had any popups lately, but I have had that before. If I remember correctly it followed me to pretty much every site I went on and led to a wheel with prizes on it, lol. Clearing my browsing history/cookies helped and I haven't had it since (about a year ago I think).

Never on this forum though...

Glad it's fixed.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
The patience of all has been greatly appreciated. And a special thanks to Scott and our site Admin for their work on this.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
As well as eyes and toes!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I got my first popup while logged in this morning. I took a good look over it and it is "powered by Flipp media". The ad was for Fred Myer.

This web address was at the bottom of the ad:
Pat.: corp.flipp.com/patents

Unsure how helpful this is, but I tried:p

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I got my first popup while logged in this morning. I took a good look over it and it is "powered by Flipp media". The ad was for Fred Myer.

This web address was at the bottom of the ad:
Pat.: corp.flipp.com/patents

Unsure how helpful this is, but I tried:p

Thank-you, Kiwi's Mom! :D
This sounds like something new! That said any Pop-Up is a Pain!!!

As a practice in today's world, remember to clear your search history at the end of each day as a minimum.

I go over-board with this as I clear each time I shut-down the computer. And yes, I do a full shutdown any time I am away from it for very long.

Most Reactions