Window protection

texsize74

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Joined
Oct 23, 2015
Messages
4,795
Reaction score
7,090
Location
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo R.I.P.)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
3 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
Cheddar
2 Congo AG (Bella, Clara)
5 Cockatiels
I’m up in Oregon right now.
Going to be away from the rest of my flock both human and avian for a while. Won’t have much to update for now.

11 hours and 45 minutes bent in half in the car.

Day after I got here heard a bang on the window.
Found a dead male Robin on the ground from hitting the window.
Felt sick rest of the day.

Stepmom says ā€œthe place is mineā€ but for now the paperwork says otherwise. Won’t go into detail.

I have put some of those …..not stickers exactly, more like applications of UV reflective material on one of the big windows.
Will see if it helps and see if stepmom doesn’t object when she comes back and sees it.

In the picture the stickers are harder to see than with the naked eye.
IMG_2048.webp
 
Unfortuneatly we have had the same problem. I put the UV on all my front LR windows to help with the sun coming in, and it DID help with the bird strikes. It was really bad before I did that, and now just an occasional strike. Good Luck!
 
Very pretty stickers! Wishing you good luck!!
 
I had another collision this morning.
It was one of the living room windows not the dining room window that I applied stickers.

I really don’t want to cover the living room windows with the stickers. They are very visible to the human eye and detract from the great view.
But …but but.
They’re suppose to come off easy , they aren’t stickers in the literal sense.
And I have enough for at least one of the living room windows.
I got a guy coming out Monday to give an estimate for putting up shades. Don’t know if it will help the outside birdies it’s ment to keep our parrots from hitting windows from the inside.

The casualty this morning was not fatal.
Was an immature Robin and it was just stunned.
I sat with the poor thing till it was recovered enough to fly off.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2051.webp
    IMG_2051.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 16
I have a similar problem. Juliette runs into windows. The last time was so bad, I can never let it happen again. Her poor beak was blue. She has to stay in my room with the sheers to be out of her cage unless the house owner isn't home and I can close the blinds, or it's dark out. She can be downstairs during the day, but has to be in her downstairs cage. She just isn't safe otherwise. The house owner doesn't want sheers or blinds down on the downstairs windows during the day. I don't know if I would trust the stickers covering enough area.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: AMD
I guess....that I am extremly fortunate that in 18 years I have only had a handful of incidents of my birds flying at our windows, and thankfully NO real issues. The outside birds are another story. I wish you the best of luck!
 
Cardinals attack our windows mostly in the spring. Did have a young redtail hawk chasing a dove slam into a sliding glass door. stunned him but all seemed okay in the end.
 
Back
Top Bottom