Post photos of your foraging 'toys' please

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Can you please post some photos of foraging toys? Sterretjie only eats out of bowels and I would love to hang food around seeing that she is getting braver and braver each day.

I've read through many threads, I think my problem is the English and I know that I would be able to copy it from photos.

Just one problem - I have loads of ants so the food needs to be in something instead of just skewered open.

Thanks!:D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
This foraging toy Mishka loves. Daily she has to "work" to get her yummies. I fill it with pellets a lot of the time,
"something for her to do" LoL Other times I fill it with raisins or sultanas.

antoinette-albums-mishka-s-foraging-toys-picture688-fill-mishka-foraging-toy-lotsa-yummies.jpg

The foraging toy below is her favourite. I place pieces of cardboard inside, she has hours of fun trying to remove them.
The holes allow for pieces of fruit to be placed inside, which are easy enough for her to get out and enjoy.

antoinette-albums-mishka-s-foraging-toys-picture689-besides-being-foraging-toy-i-fill-pieces-cardboard-she-then-attempts-chuck-out.jpg

Last edited:
OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Thanks Antoinette! Is the first for hamsters? I dont think I will be able to make that one. The second one is easy to make, I just have to work on hubby again cause he will not allow me to use the tools.:rolleyes: Or, what if I just take a cardboard box and cut holes into it and hang it up with treats inside?

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks Antoinette! Is the first for hamsters? I dont think I will be able to make that one. The second one is easy to make, I just have to work on hubby again cause he will not allow me to use the tools.:rolleyes: Or, what if I just take a cardboard box and cut holes into it and hang it up with treats inside?

Nope first one is for birds, placing small items of food inside, :grey: has to turn it around, then a small treats comes out.

Second one is great, I first made cardboard ones, but :grey:demolished them in two seconds. It's also so easy to take out and clean.

Most Reactions