Pumpkins?

burnziethebird

Sep 9, 2013
San Jose, CA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
So I have read that you can give your conure a cooked pumpkin, has anyone done this and is it healthy? I bought a small pumpkin that's used for pot pies and wanted to do this, I was going to give Burnzie the bottom (making a bowl) with some of the "guts" and seeds mixed with her chop. Any suggestions would be nice :$

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I gave my galah some pumpkin the other day (cooked it in the microwave, cooled). She loved it.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
My Alexes gave themselves some pumpkin (raw) by landing on it and *ravaging* it! I only had my back turned for a second and when I turned back to them, they'd mined a hole out of the pumpkin and had orange slush all over their faces. Since neither of them had fallen unconscious, I figured pumpkin is OK for Beaks...

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Pumpkin is fine for them, just make sure you buy the edible pumpkins and NOT the carving pumpkins. You can still eat the carving pumpkins, but they aren't grown to be food and will not have the same standards.

d2page2

Feb 15, 2012
California
Parrots
Mina GCC, George and Mimi eckies.
I feed my gcc and eckies baked pumpkin almost daily. The vet said it is loaded in vitamin a and c.

OP
burnziethebird

burnziethebird

Sep 9, 2013
San Jose, CA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Great! Thanks everyone! I think I'll try baking it, I personally prefer things cooked in the oven over the microwave so I figure Burnzie might also. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts